No announcement yet.

Wrist Injury From left Hooks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scbb View Post
    I have an appointment with ortho on 2/9 about the shrapnel. However its been there so long and has never bothered me. They caught it on the X ray I had of my wrist which they took when I injured it with the left hooks. If my wrist is still bothering me by then I will pick his brain about the boxing injury. Not so concerned about the shrapnel as I don't even know it is there.
    Let us know how it goes, good luck.

Comment

Here is an update, I went to ortho today and she wasn't worried about the shrapnel as it isn't bothering me and I have had it for decades. It will stay were it is. My real injury was diagnosed as as TFCC injury. She casted me for 4 weeks. If that does not work it's cortozone shots. If that doesn't work it is debridement surgery.

Comment

Second Update, My cast was removed on Friday, I can't tell if my TFCC tear is healed due to the fact that I have suffered some atrophy and stiffness associated with pain from the immobilization. I will begin strengthening today with a 3 lb weight and grips. No weightlifting, boxing or baseball until Saturday. However I think my TFCC has healed sufficiently based on some manuvering of it.

Comment

Second Update, My cast was removed on Friday, I can't tell if my TFCC tear is healed due to the fact that I have suffered some atrophy and stiffness associated with pain from the immobilization. I will begin strengthening today with a 3 lb weight and grips. No weightlifting, boxing or baseball until Saturday. However I think my TFCC has healed sufficiently based on some manuvering of it.
          are you going to use it this coming Saturday?

Comment

Mister you should get longer wraps and stop bending your wrist with the hook. Make sure the stress is on the wrist area as you wrap.

Comment

I am returning to boxing tomorrow, I will wrap with 180" and wrap extra on the wrist area. I will be very careful throwing hooks in general and try throwing thumb down.

Comment

I am returning to boxing tomorrow, I will wrap with 180" and wrap extra on the wrist area. I will be very careful throwing hooks in general and try throwing thumb down.
                Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Boxed on Saturday 1/17. Started with the speed bag, then some counter punching drills, then heavy bag focusing on throwing hooks thumb down. It felt awkward. Shadow sparred 3 rounds comprising of 2 different opponents. I must say I didn't re injure anything and not much pain, Ironically there was a little bit of pain on the speed bag which I expected none but it felt like it was from the immobilization. My combinations were crisp and hard on the heavy bag and I think I am healed. My next test is swinging a baseball bat at the cages on Saturday.

Comment

Boxed on Saturday 1/17. Started with the speed bag, then some counter punching drills, then heavy bag focusing on throwing hooks thumb down. It felt awkward. Shadow sparred 3 rounds comprising of 2 different opponents. I must say I didn't re injure anything and not much pain, Ironically there was a little bit of pain on the speed bag which I expected none but it felt like it was from the immobilization. My combinations were crisp and hard on the heavy bag and I think I am healed. My next test is swinging a baseball bat at the cages on Saturday.
                    If you feel the pain again then maybe wear a wrist guard for protection.

Comment

Final Update,

I have been training now for over a month 3 times a week. Sparring every Thursday in the ring. Taking it easy with the hooks. Looks like my course of treatment worked as I just have a little stiffness pain from the casting. Final test was the batting cages last Saturday. Felt like everything healed. Even went 2-3 Sunday in my baseball game ( I know, I know this is a boxing forum but it is relevant). I recommend a Muenster Cast for anyone suffering this type of injury as I did which worked.

Comment

Working...
                      X