Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Golovkin Received His Biggest Offer - Do Not Blame Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    I don't understand that at all??? PLUS his sponsor is Jordan??? You would think with him decked out in Jordan gear for a mega fight would be worth some serious extra $$$$$???
    I can't get it man. $5 mil for Brook and he won't take 3X as much to fight Ginger?? WTF is this? Not knowing your worth? Sheer greed? That team needs to get their heads examined...

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Did Floyd make $15 million dollars to fight Oscar? Did Cotto make $15 million dollars to fight Mayweather? I think I'll have to research that! I know Hopkins didn't get $15 million to fight De La Hoya! That's a lot of dough!
      I know Cotto and Canelo COMBINED didn't get more than $15,000,000 PLUS both brought WAY more fans with them!

How many places have you been and seen a SHT ton of GGG fans??? I see a few but NOTHING on the level of what those others guys bring. The only thing I give GGG fans is their the most loudest and annoying of them all. Their like a drunk guy in a library.

Comment

Originally posted by taste View Post
        I can't get it man. $5 mil for Brook and he won't take 3X as much to fight Ginger?? WTF is this? Not knowing your worth? Sheer greed? That team needs to get their heads examined...
        Especially when their ENTIRE team says Canelo will be easy WORK!!! GGG gets in the ring and KO's Canelo in a 1-2 rounds that's like

That's $5MILLION to $2.5 MILLION a minutes worth of work...PLUS he's on ESPN Highlights reels for MONTHS!!! Be WEEKS of sports debates about is he the GREATEST, etc.

We BOTH get it. And understand the HUGE LONG term JACKPOT!!!! this would be.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          "I'm not a real 160 pound boxer"

Now you are fighting at 164.5. BUSTED!!!!!! EVERYONE wants to see lil g retire you diva, pay the man his % so the world can pay to see you eradicated from the sport.
          Yes, and Brook fought at 160 while Khan fought at 154.

Doesn't mean anything.

Kell actually did some thinking about moving up to 154 before he decided to defend against Spence.

This is a catchweight fight because...money.

And yeah, we heard Canelo say he was going to stay at 160, which isn't really news since a fight with Lil g was going to mean that might happen anyway.

But, until he vacates that 154 lb title he won in his last fight, he is still a jr. middleweight, just like Khan and Brook are still welters.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Because Oscar said it? Golovkin's team have said it was flat fee combined with a PPV percentage - IF the PPV goes over a certain figure. So it falls below the expectation of that figure, then all Golovkin has is the guarantee.

He wants a full percentage, not a flat fee and a PPV percentage based on performance.

And either way Golovkin gets nothing from merchandise, the gate, sponsorships, TV deals, etc.
            Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            the way that Canelo and Hoya are wording their most recent offer, makes it sound very final

it sounds to me like they are over Golovkin, and that offer will be their justification to move on
            Canelo and Oscar have never been interested in fighting Golovkin. If they were, Canelo would never have handed his WBC belt over without a fight. Actions speak louder than words.

Outside of the US and Mexico, GGG has many more fans than Canelo, but they don't register in HBO PPV numbers.

Demanding that Golovkin gives up a fair share of the income from his own worldwide fan base, which far exceeds Canelo's, is just another way of stalling and putting off fighting him till he is over the hill. A shameful duck, in other words.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Just cos GGG has been underpaid his whole career don't mean nelo can continue to underpay him. Pay GGG what his ability and skills and supoerstar name is worth.
              Just like women have been paid less than men for hundreds of years. Its not good enough to pay women nearly as much as men. Just cos women have been underpaid for years doiesnt means its still ok.
              So stop trying to justify 15 million by saying its more than he's ever made
              Whose fault is it that Lil g got underpaid his whole career, if that is the case?

And, it isn't about Lil g getting paid according to his track record and star status because if that was the case, the 90/10 split in Canelo's favor DLH began negotiating with would be the final figure.

One guy has literally MILLIONS of PPV buys: the other has 150K at best and might be under 6 figures in buys.

The problem with making this fight has been a B-side who wants to act like an A-side, not conceding weight or money.

It's looking like Canelo is going to compromise on the weight.

If so, you can bet they will play hardball on the money...

...which is exactly what we are seeing.

Ball is in Lil g's court.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                The fact GGG has been underpaid for his whole career doesn't mean nelo can continue to underpay him
                Good point. The idiots who keep parroting that .. "5 X more than he's ever earned" bullshit should think about this for a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Why does the author of this article state it's a flat fee when Oscar said it's a combination of a purse and PPV percentage? Why is the writer of this article making up alternative facts?

FAKE NEWS!
                  probably because everything that comes out if Oscar's mouth is an alternative fact. The guy double talks every time he speaks. Never trust what a coke head tells you.

Comment

canela needs to stfu! the more he talks about why the ggg fight didnt happen, the more it makes him look like a puta. if the fight is gonna make over $100 mil, and i offer you, $15 mil which is your highest purse up to date, will you take that offer, knowing that im gonna walk away with $80+ mil on my end?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      Canelo and Oscar have never been interested in fighting Golovkin. If they were, Canelo would never have handed his WBC belt over without a fight. Actions speak louder than words.

Outside of the US and Mexico, GGG has many more fans than Canelo, but they don't register in HBO PPV numbers.

Demanding that Golovkin gives up a fair share of the income from his own worldwide fan base, which far exceeds Canelo's, is just another way of stalling and putting off fighting him till he is over the hill. A shameful duck, in other words.
                      What worldwide base are you talking about?

If what you are saying is true, you should be able to shows us some buys from outside the US.

You should be able to show us where K2 says this Lil g fight did X in revenue from a Russian television deal or wherever it is.

Bet you can't tho.

Cause you just pulled that "worldwide" BS out your arse...

Comment

Working...
                      X