Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why its important to wear MMA Gloves in UFC octagon ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Why its important to wear MMA Gloves in UFC octagon ?

I need your views on it

It's all about protecting the hands.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      It's all about protecting the hands.
      /Thread

Comment

Exactly. Just watch the first ever UFC fight to see that, savate fighter Gerard Gordeau's TKO win over Hawaiin sumo wrestler Teila Tuli. He only landed one punch and broke his bare hand. Plus the kick he landed caused his foot to bleed and have to tape it for the later rounds of the tournament, probably later getting a tetanus shot.

Comment

The UFC gloves allow you to grab and grapple ,it would be virtually impossible to have MMA with any type of gloves without use of fingers like boxing gloves . The gloves were enforced by the athletic commision by law to get the sport sanctioned . Ironically while it protects the hands the opposition also takes more punishment bc with gloves on ,fighters will hit to the head more with less worries .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            The UFC gloves allow you to grab and grapple ,it would be virtually impossible to have MMA with any type of gloves without use of fingers like boxing gloves . The gloves were enforced by the athletic commision by law to get the sport sanctioned . Ironically while it protects the hands the opposition also takes more punishment bc with gloves on ,fighters will hit to the head more with less worries .
            This. MMA moving from human c#ck fighting to a legit sport in the eyes of fans & the media was move that started by getting sanctioned by state commissions which required gloves.

Randomly I often wish boxing would use a more fan friendly lighter glove like MMA uses as I believe it'd provide for more entertaining & shorter fights with less long term damage to boxers brains. I don't think most people grasp that its better to get your lights turned off once than to have them flickered several times before getting them turned off, but science seems to suggest that.

Comment

Ever been in a street fight before? All it takes is one good punch to rip the skin off your knuckles and stop yourself from being able to close your hand.

Comment

Working...
              X