No announcement yet.

Leonard-Duran I (1980)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
    Did you say it was a draw then, Frazier drew even with the kd in your eyes?
    Nope, wrong again!

Comment

Originally posted by PHX_NINJA View Post
      The fight was originally scored a split decision, later the cards were recalculated and changed to a Unanimous decision.
      Duran won fair and square. No one at 147 could have
      beat him that night.
      Tommy Hearns

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964 View Post
        Tommy Hearns

Get over it. It was 27 years ago. It's great to watch the Classic fights, but you have too much personally at stake in discrediting the great Roberto Duran. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
          Get over it. It was 27 years ago. It's great to watch the Classic fights, but you have too much personally at stake in discrediting the great Roberto Duran. Get over it.
          I don't discredit him as a fighter. I still have him in my top ten p4p, but I don't like his attitude, that's all.

Comment

OK then. You like Mayweather's attitude?

No I'm just kidding with you, let's not get into it.

Comment

I don't discredit him as a fighter. I still have him in my top ten p4p, but I don't like his attitude, that's all.
              "I'm cool with the dude for what he ya know actually DOES.... but nah **** him, he looked at me the wrong way!"

Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                "I'm cool with the dude for what he ya know actually DOES.... but nah **** him, he looked at me the wrong way!"

Fail.
                Luckily for him he didn't rub you the wrong way...

Comment

Originally posted by American_Ninja View Post
                  The fight was originally scored a split decision, later the cards were recalculated and changed to a Unanimous decision.
                  Duran won fair and square. No one at 147 could have
                  beat him that night.
                  - -Whupped poor Leonard from piller to post and had fun doing it.

Don't get any better...

Comment

I've recently watched the whole 15 rounds of that fight, and to be honest with you, I didn't think Duran dominated Leonard as much as many people are saying that he did. In fact, IMO the fight could have went either way. I actually had Leonard winning the fight by a round! He landed more punches than Duran, and Duran did absolutely nothing in the 15th round. Plus Leonard was the champ and in my eyes Duran didn't "take" the title, especially since he let Leonard win the last round. I had it 144-143 for Leonard. So what do you guys think?
                    They both landed similar punches but Duran landed the harder ones. The fight was close for sure, but Leonards were desparate punches where as Duran was landing surgical punches and every so slightly imposing his will. Duran never really got hurt its mostly the commentating that tried to sell it. Duran never had a mark on his face. Leonard however got staggered a few times and nearly dropped. In some of the opening rounds Duran was landing vicious body shots, it almost looked as though Leonrd wasnt going to make it. So you can't really give it to Leonard. I think you are scoring fights with an amateur system.

Comment

Tommy Hearns

nah Hearns wouldnt heave beat Duran that night. Hearns koed Duran years later at 154. Duran was partied out and overconfident after being the only guy to go the distance with Hagler and in his mind beat him. Duran barely trained for Hearns who had a stoppage loss to SRL. Duran straight up underestimated him.

Duran in 1980 was an entirely different animal.

Comment

Working...
                      X