Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC Head: Adalaide Byrd Not Suspended, Expect Her Back Soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She shouldn't be allowed in the venue where the fight is taking place let alone judging one. Bought and paid for or incompetence. Either way ban her.

Comment

The issue here is larger than Byrd's "bad night". It's about how subjective scoring a fight can be.
      There's criteria that a judge is supposed to use to score (effective aggression, ring generalship etc) but there's no accountability. Basically a judge can score how they like and are almost never asked to explain their decision.
      The way judging is now, a fighter can win a round on one eye catching punch or by flurrying in the final 30 seconds or maybe the judge just likes the guy.
      Boxing's refusal to consider alternatives to the way fights are scored makes you wonder who benefits from its outdated scoring system.

Comment

This cow looking incompetent should not even be allowed to do women boxing... she is as straight to this wonderful Sport and her old man should be stepping down too...Robert Byrd is getting far too slow to be a good referee... he is consistently out of position, too late to break up Fighters and even in the McGregor vs Mayweather fight he allowed meant McGregor to strike Mayweather with countless rabbit punches and never really called anything or took points away...

Comment

this one sucks...

Comment

Suspend her for what? She did exactly what she got paid to do

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
              So you think your 5 second clip of Golovkin missing a punch justifies Byrd's ludicrous scorecard? That's totally bias and prejudice.
              100% Byrd scored for the rope-a-dope. Even when it failed and Canelo got clocked.

It was a bad scorecard but not for the reasons people think. She was influenced by flashy moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd's Mask View Post
                Sure it can be justified. Frampton vs Cruz 1 had one card a DRaW and the other wide 117-111. Industry and fans didn’t cry about that one, even doe they were Champions as well...

The reality is that Lil’G fans exaggerate perception and ggg can do no wrong.
                That was some BS!!! That 117-111 judge should be banned as well. No f'n way Leo only won 3 rounds...

Comment

I got no problem with a bad night, but when your bad night is THAT wrong as often as she's had similar bad nights I think maybe its more than just a bad night.

That said I think we either need to come to a more logical way to score fights than we currently use or there needs to be more importance in judging the type of judges that are being used during specific fights cuz after looking more at Byrd's history it looks to me like she has a strong favoritism towards defensively strong boxers that likely led to this 10-2 call assuming there isn't darker things in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I got no problem with a bad night, but when your bad night is THAT wrong as often as she's had similar bad nights I think maybe its more than just a bad night.

That said I think we either need to come to a more logical way to score fights than we currently use or there needs to be more importance in judging the type of judges that are being used during specific fights cuz after looking more at Byrd's history it looks to me like she has a strong favoritism towards defensively strong boxers that likely led to this 10-2 call assuming there isn't darker things in play.
                    I say 5 Judges and the 2 extra are judging in the arena on a TV monitor with no instant replay or announcers.

Comment

How much of a (cash) bonus did she receive from Oscar?

Comment

Working...
                      X