Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Crawford fans think that PBC fighters are ducking him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Am not a Crawford fan and I do think the top PBC fighters are ducking him. I also think his promoter is doing him a disservice too. If Arum really wants him to fight the other guys then put the Wilder/Fury 2 out as a ESPN/PBC undercard, ask for Bud to be on that card against a top name from PBC. The fact that PBC are proving to wanting to work alone is proof enough that they don’t want to work with Arum for a 147 fight.

I think it’s more of Arum not wanting to lose his only good welterweight. He knows Tyson Fury actually beat Wilder and can possibly do it again. The 147 division has been the money division for quite some time and Arum doesn’t want to lose that.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
      I think it’s more of Arum not wanting to lose his only good welterweight. He knows Tyson Fury actually beat Wilder and can possibly do it again. The 147 division has been the money division for quite some time and Arum doesn’t want to lose that.
      I don’t believe Arum thinks he would lose at all. I think it’s more he isn’t a massive ticket seller and his name is not the first on Arum’s mouth when it comes to making money.

Fact is Arum has been very vocal, and when people are very vocal then it’s easy to call them out to get them to back up their words.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
        C0ckblocking a guy from fighting the other champions and pretending he doesn't exist isn't the way to entice someone to sign with your company. PBC let Ruiz Joshua but first they blocked Ortiz and Kownacki. Difficult or not, every other promoter works with Top Rank on a regular basis. They have dozens of fighters which are co-promoted by someone else (Fury, Stevenson, Ancajas, Frampton, Navarrete, Berchelt). Every other promoter and manager has chosen Top Rank over PBC to sign their fighters. There is nothing preventing Crawford from fighting a PBC fighter. PBC doesn't want to make the best fights possible. They want to create a walled garden with their own titles and keep everything in-house.
        That's about it, Arum does business all over the world with many different individuals and organisations. Insular commentators here don't seen to understand that.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
          I don’t get it. Unless you’re really new to the sport, you would know that Top Rank and PBC don’t really work together, yet Crawford renewed his contract with Top Rank instead of signing with a promoter that would give him access to a bigger talent pool.

I’m also looking at the last competitive welterweight fights that PBC and Top Rank has given us and by a long shot, PBC has given us really competitive welterweight fights:

Danny Garcia vs Thurman
          Brook vs Spence
          Porter vs Thurman
          Danny Garcia vs Porter
          Pacquiao vs Thurman
          Spence vs Porter

When was the last time that Top Rank gave us a competitive welterweight fight? Clearly, PBC is where the best really fight the best. They might have some filler fights here and there, but for the most part, they beat Top Rank when it comes to welterweight showdowns. If you look at it from a logical perspective, Crawford seems to be the one hiding and calling himself the Pound for Pound “best” in the division when his resume might not even be better than a prime Berto....
          Not a fan of crawford.. but promotional issues are BS... any fight can be made as long as two fighters really want it, and ask for it.. any fight can be negotiated.. Any promoter can be pressured by their fighters into making the fight for them if they really want.
          Fans who support promotional disputes are no better.... so it means we only gonna have 1 promotional company ever for us to get fights??? “Oh you on the other side of the street” is a bulllllllsheyyyyt excuse.

Floyd said the same thing for 6 years to manny pac.
          “I dont do business with arum”
          “Sign with haymon” “sign with TMT banner”

But as soon as the time is right they have no problem working with arum.. as soon as manny planked and could no longer KO the algerias of the world.. it suddenly became the easiest fight to be made... and the promotional disputes or tv disputes didn’t even matter one bit..

I see spence-crawford going that way as well..

Not once did i heard spence pushing for the fight nor he expressed enthusiasm on sharing the ring with crawford in the near future.. it’s always “oh he don’t bring numbers like i do” (lol like u bringing floyd/manny numbers)
          “You on the other side of the street bro”

Pbc fighters are comfortable on their side of the street because u fans support it and say “yeah maybe its just the way it is”
          They don’t feel the need to demand a fight from haymon coz they good not facing crawford...

Even when they talked face to face he kept saying he good on his side of the streeet LOOOOOL

Comment

So your argument is that Crawford should leave his longtime promoter that built him up because PBC guys wont fight him?

Stop buying into boxing politics and demand meaningful fights regardless of whatever wanna-be monopoly a promoter wants to institute.

Comment

Errol "Easy Fight Promotions" Spence
              Keith "MIA in Asia" Thurman
              Danny "3mil plus upside isn't more than my PBC 1.5-2mil" Garcia
              Ugas - "I can fight a WBA eliminator vs another TR fighter but not Crawford
              Shawn "All talk via my Daddy" Porter

I say he blows anyone of them out by the 2nd half of the fight once he figures them out.

Skill recognizes skill! They know exactly what Crawford is.

Comment

imo
                crawford will never be considered an ATG, by not fighting anyone in the top 5

everyone else has

i can't even put in him in the top 5 PFP list with his lack of quality activity

Comment

i also don't buy that bit about arum controlling 100% of who crawford fights
                  crawford has a choice to go after the best, but it seems like he's content where he is sitting back and waiting

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    So your argument is that Crawford should leave his longtime promoter that built him up because PBC guys wont fight him?

Stop buying into boxing politics and demand meaningful fights regardless of whatever wanna-be monopoly a promoter wants to institute.
                    My argument is that Crawford knows that it’s hard for Top Rank and PBC to work together. Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you should know this. Crawford knew that PBC had all the welterweights before signing with Arum. I’m really sure that PBC guys will fight him. Danny Garcia, Porter, Thurman, and Spence have all fought each other. You’re telling me they are going to be afraid of the guy who’s only beaten Jeff Horn in the division? Arum knows Crawford can’t pull numbers so against any of these guys, Crawford might not make Arum as much money since the promoters have to allocate the revenue based on popularity. Crawford might be able to reel in Porter, but Arum might not agree to a 55/45 split with Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by JOITATS View Post
                      i also don't buy that bit about arum controlling 100% of who crawford fights
                      crawford has a choice to go after the best, but it seems like he's content where he is sitting back and waiting
                      He’s happy with what he’s making and is content defending his belt against the John Molinas, Jeff Horns, and past prime Amir Khans of the world. He does this and calls himself pound for pound the best, all while laughing at the stupid fans that believe it.

Comment

Working...
                      X