Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Crawford fans think that PBC fighters are ducking him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Crawford fans think that PBC fighters are ducking him?

I don’t get it. Unless you’re really new to the sport, you would know that Top Rank and PBC don’t really work together, yet Crawford renewed his contract with Top Rank instead of signing with a promoter that would give him access to a bigger talent pool.

I’m also looking at the last competitive welterweight fights that PBC and Top Rank has given us and by a long shot, PBC has given us really competitive welterweight fights:

Danny Garcia vs Thurman
    Brook vs Spence
    Porter vs Thurman
    Danny Garcia vs Porter
    Pacquiao vs Thurman
    Spence vs Porter

When was the last time that Top Rank gave us a competitive welterweight fight? Clearly, PBC is where the best really fight the best. They might have some filler fights here and there, but for the most part, they beat Top Rank when it comes to welterweight showdowns. If you look at it from a logical perspective, Crawford seems to be the one hiding and calling himself the Pound for Pound “best” in the division when his resume might not even be better than a prime Berto....

these the same chump that was saying manny was ducking floyd when pac was still with TR.... now they're saying PBC fighters are ducking TR fighters lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
      these the same chump that was saying manny was ducking floyd when pac was still with TR.... now they're saying PBC fighters are ducking TR fighters lol.
      I don’t think Floyd or Manny ducked each other, but they at least had some decent fighters in each roster. I don’t understand Crawford’s case though. I don’t understand why they think that a whole roster of fighters who are relatively close in competition and are fighting each other are afraid of one man (Crawford) on the other side babysitting one of the other belts.

Comment

Because they won’t fight Crawford?

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          PBC and Top Rank don’t really do business together. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past 10 years, you should know this.

Comment

You can't argue with that list of fights. Nobody's scared or ducking anybody. HOWEVER, because Al Haymon stays in the shadows, Bob Arum is allowed to create the narrative. I think Al Haymon wants to save boxing, however, I don't like that he throws his fighters to the wolves. Wolves in this case, being the media. They're forced to try to answer questions only he has the answers too

Comment

how? you can also say crawford wont fight them.

Comment

Crawford won't fight them...See how that works.

Comment

I understand that but this one is clearly on PBC.

Crawford wants to fight for more titles. PBC has the other three titles in house and won’t risk losing them. They’re all going to fight each other before Crawford is invited to the party.

I’m not blaming anyone, I’m just pointing out that PBC is the one that won’t include Crawford. Top Rank will clearly do business with them for Crawford because it hurts them to not do business with PBC in this case.

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
                  PBC and Top Rank don’t really do business together. Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past 10 years, you should know this.

Comment

I understand that but this one is clearly on PBC.

Crawford wants to fight for more titles. PBC has the other three titles in house and won’t risk losing them. They’re all going to fight each other before Crawford is invited to the party.

I’m not blaming anyone, I’m just pointing out that PBC is the one that won’t include Crawford. Top Rank will clearly do business with them for Crawford because it hurts them to not do business with PBC in this case.

Nah man, it’s Top Rank that makes things difficult. Almost every promoter has stated that Arum is difficult to work with. You see how PBC let Ruiz go after Joshua? Crawford also had the option to jump on to PBC, but he chose not to for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X