Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Joshua wants to fight Fury and Wilder

Comment

• Pretty busy Saturday in the HW division this week actually. Helenius taking on Lewison, Takam against Bacurin, Modugno and Pianeta both returning to the ring and Simon Kean, the big Canadian prospect in against Nascimento in Montreal.

Comment

• Lewison was a no-show and has been replaced by Evgeny Orlov.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
            That's what I also thought too.. a glancing blow and fella went down!? That's a dive..
            That is Matt Greer in there. He usually looks for a place to lay down by round 2...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Pretty busy Saturday in the HW division this week actually. Helenius taking on Lewison, Takam against Bacurin, Modugno and Pianeta both returning to the ring and Simon Kean, the big Canadian prospect in against Nascimento in Montreal.
              I got 5 of his fights. I'm quite surprised they have Nascimento as his opponent after 9 fights against rather weak competition. He had 69 amateur fights including a win over Tony Yoka. Avery Gibson was his toughest fight to date. Marrone is a blown up CW. Nascimento isn't a world beater but he has a lot of experience against a much higher level of opposition. This is a pretty big step up against a good journeyman. I guess we will see if he is ready for the next step. They are pushing him towards the world level. I was hoping he would fight a couple Canadian guys on the domestic level like Eric Barrack. Maybe a fight with Adam Braidwood who just KO'd Eric Martel Bahoeli last year. Even a fight with Bahoeli would have been good. I wanted to see a good prospect who is born in Canada to actually win the Canadian title & make a few defences nation wide. Braidwood fights out of Edmonton & I would have enjoyed seeing a Canadian title fight in Edmonton if possible. A fight with Dillon Carman would be great to see as well...
              Last edited by joe strong; 06-16-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                I got 5 of his fights. I'm quite surprised they have Nascimento as his opponent after 9 fights against rather weak competition. He had 69 amateur fights including a win over Tony Yoka. Avery Gibson was his toughest fight to date. Marrone is a blown up CW. Nascimento isn't a world beater but he has a lot of experience against a much higher level of opposition. This is a pretty big step up against a good journeyman. I guess we will see if he is ready for the next step. They are pushing him towards the world level. I was hoping he would fight a couple Canadian guys on the domestic level like Eric Barrack. Maybe a fight with Adam Braidwood who just KO'd Eric Martel Bahoeli last year. Even a fight with Bahoeli would have been good. I wanted to see a good prospect who is born in Canada to actually win the Canadian title & make a few defences nation wide. Braidwood fights out of Edmonton & I would have enjoyed seeing a Canadian title fight in Edmonton if possible. A fight with Dillon Carman would be great to see as well...
                I'm high on Kean, think he will come thru impressively against Nascimento. Doesn't your crazy guy Braidwood have a fight today in Edmonton? You gonna try to catch that in person Joe?

Comment

I'm high on Kean, think he will come thru impressively against Nascimento. Doesn't your crazy guy Braidwood have a fight today in Edmonton? You gonna try to catch that in person Joe?
                  Not making it to the fights. I just got back from Cuba yesterday & completely forgot about it. 3 HW fights on the card. Braidwood & Stan Surmacz Ahumada are fighting plus 36 year old HW Brad Switzer with a 2-1 record

Comment

He called out Kean & Carman after the fight. He is #5 in Canada now behind Carman, Teslenko, Kean & Franz Rill (I forgot he was Canadian)...
                    Last edited by joe strong; 06-17-2017, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• Robert Helenius beat Evgeny Orlov today by RTD 6.

Carlos Takam defeated Ivica Bacurin by KO 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X