No announcement yet.

There's only one real loser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Did i say that idiot? Power punches outweight the jab in scoring criteria. This is how it's always been and always will. 2 power punches are worth more than 3 jabs. The power punches are doing more damage.
    What? Many of GGG’s jabs snapped Canelo’s head back more than Canelo’s power punches did GGG’s....

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
      Tell that to Winky Wright. Floyd Mayweather. Tons of their fans insisted many times they won fights with their jabs.
      The difference is they weren't getting hit with power punch after power punch to the head and body.

If ggg were able to make canelo miss then yes the victory goes to him.

Canelo was making ggg miss most of his power shots. Eye catching defense is scored as well. Canelo didn't care to evade a soft jab because it was doing no damage.

Be honest with yourself. Canelo controlled the fight and did what he wanted. He walked ggg down and I've never seen gggs face look so bad. That was an easy fight to score 8-4 canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        What? Many of GGG’s jabs snapped Canelo’s head back more than Canelo’s power punches did GGG’s....
        No they didn't stop lying. Which is why Lil G's face was so battered he had to wear shades for the first time at the post fight presser. Your boy got battered. LIT UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Many of GGG’s jabs snapped Canelo’s head back more than Canelo’s power punches snapped GGG’s...

Maybe that's why it was Canelo who was pressing the fight onto him and dictating the pace while GGG peddling backwards throughout the fight???

Canelo's shots were hard and solid, the shots which he hit GGG with in earlier rounds shook GGG , the body work by Canelo was beautiful , GGG didn't display any of it apart from pitty pat Jabs and a couple good combinations in the later rounds..

Canelo was clearly the consistent fighter today, pressed the fight onto GGG, made GGG miss a lot,great body work and solid powershots..

Can we say the same about GGG??

Cannot blame judges for giving the fight to Canelo, GGG's performance was subpar .

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Did i say that idiot? Power punches outweight the jab in scoring criteria. This is how it's always been and always will. 2 power punches are worth more than 3 jabs. The power punches are doing more damage.
            I may be an idiot, true, but I'm not blind (not totally. real bad stigmatisim its a long story. I'll pm you.) And I seen the jab being thrown and in MY book the jab is worth 4 power punches so technically GGG literally hit canelo like 800 times

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
              You cannot win a fight by JABBING!!
              Really? I guess Lennox Lewis and Larry Holmes never won fights then.

If used properly, the jab is easily the most effective weapon in boxing.

Like George Foreman says; "Fighting is easy when you have a jab."

Unfortunately, many fighters who have great jabs will abandon it to lead with a left hook. Both Floyd Mayweather and Roy Jones come to mind.

I can't help but laugh at how low people's boxing IQ is on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                The difference is they weren't getting hit with power punch after power punch to the head and body.

If ggg were able to make canelo miss then yes the victory goes to him.

Canelo was making ggg miss most of his power shots. Eye catching defense is scored as well. Canelo didn't care to evade a soft jab because it was doing no damage.

Be honest with yourself. Canelo controlled the fight and did what he wanted. He walked ggg down and I've never seen gggs face look so bad. That was an easy fight to score 8-4 canelo
                Show me the rule where it says a jab only counts if you dont get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
                  Maybe that's why it was Canelo who was pressing the fight onto him and dictating the pace while GGG peddling backwards throughout the fight???

Canelo's shots were hard and solid, the shots which he hit GGG with in earlier rounds shook GGG , the body work by Canelo was beautiful , GGG didn't display any of it apart from pitty pat Jabs and a couple good combinations in the later rounds..

Canelo was clearly the consistent fighter today, pressed the fight onto GGG, made GGG miss a lot,great body work and solid powershots..

Can we say the same about GGG??

Cannot blame judges for giving the fight to Canelo, GGG's performance was subpar .
                  Maybe in the second and third round, besides that where exactly did Canelo dominate?

Round six I’ll give the nod to Canelo and maybe the 12th.

Otherwise GGG won the remaining rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    Props to two great warriors in the ring last night. One did what they said they would, which is rare, the other, not so Much. Both, however, showed tremendous heart and courage. With that being said there is only one real loser last night ...the jab. Why isn't it being counted?!?! Is there some conspiracy against the jab? Do they find it worthless and Are trying to get rid of the jab like the American penny or the field goal extra point in American football?... Remember guys it is a scoring punch
                    Or it use to be. RIP jab. You won't be forgotten
                    This casual is referring to the Olympics. He must have just picked up a boxing for dummies book. This was a world title fight, a pro fight with no headgear. This was not an Olympic fight good sir.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofbox View Post
                      This casual is referring to the Olympics. He must have just picked up a boxing for dummies book. This was a world title fight, a pro fight with no headgear. This was not an Olympic fight good sir.
                      Yes Ironically I did just so happen to pick up a boxing for dummies and I must apologize. I'm reading here that the jab is actually basically Worthless in the pros. Especially in title fights were the jab doesn't even count at all. Sorry just stumbled upon it. Its in the same chapter that mentions they don't wear head gear in the Olympics

Comment

Working...
                      X