Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's only one real loser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love a good jab as my name suggests but you can't win a fight by landing 5 jabs to your opponents 1 good clean hook. That happened a few times last night, GGG wasn't doing enough. But there was also a round or two where Canelo was taking a rest and GGG took it by jabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
      Maybe in the second and third round, besides that where exactly did Canelo dominate?

Round six I’ll give the nod to Canelo and maybe the 12th.

Otherwise GGG won the remaining rounds.

Maywe we watched a completely different fight then..

Cause the fight I watched, Canelo pretty much dominated through the first half of the fight , GGG only started to gain momentum after first 6 rounds and yet the later rounds were close..

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
        Maywe we watched a completely different fight then..

Cause the fight I watched, Canelo pretty much dominated through the first half of the fight , GGG only started to gain momentum after first 6 rounds and yet the later rounds were close..
        Yeah you watched a completely different fight. This one was on HBO ppv and it featured GGG and his jab. I recommend watching it when you get the time. GGG didn't work off of it or use the jab to set anything meaning full up, but boy oh boy he did throw it and he did manage to land it from time to time, how ever he also missed it 5x as much as he landed. But that's besides the point

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
          Really? I guess Lennox Lewis and Larry Holmes never won fights then.

If used properly, the jab is easily the most effective weapon in boxing.

Like George Foreman says; "Fighting is easy when you have a jab."

Unfortunately, many fighters who have great jabs will abandon it to lead with a left hook. Both Floyd Mayweather and Roy Jones come to mind.

I can't help but laugh at how low people's boxing IQ is on this forum.
          If you have a great jab with good defense, then yes you win fights.

If you have a great jab but are being walked down and hit with every power shot, then no you're not winning the fight

I mean how stoopid and biased are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
            Show me the rule where it says a jab only counts if you dont get hit.
            What I'm saying is that the power shots are worth more than a jab. The guy with the power shots was walking down his opponent and causing more damage. Ggg was throwing pitty pat jabs. I mean look at the state of his face *in my Lennox Lewis voice*

If ggg had better defense he would have won the fight. What I'm saying is canelo did waaaay more than ggg. He controlled the fight. It was his fight.

Comment

i just read the rules of boxing and jabs aren't even legal

Comment

It's like a cat fighting a dog. The cat landed more hooks but the dogs single jab was a far more damaging power shot than all of the cats power punches combined.

I use this metaphor because Canelo is a female sex organ. Cheater. Point fixer. Scum.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                  What I'm saying is that the power shots are worth more than a jab. The guy with the power shots was walking down his opponent and causing more damage. Ggg was throwing pitty pat jabs. I mean look at the state of his face *in my Lennox Lewis voice*

If ggg had better defense he would have won the fight. What I'm saying is canelo did waaaay more than ggg. He controlled the fight. It was his fight.
                  Again, show the rule where it says power shots are worth more.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post

some jabs are better than some power shots. just saying one is better than the other doesnt take into account the quality, the force, the cleanliness of the punch.

the reason the majority of people scored it for ggg is probably because ggg's jab was often landing 100 percent unabated while canelos power punches were often partially blocked by ggg's high glove defense.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      some jabs are better than some power shots. just saying one is better than the other doesnt take into account the quality, the force, the cleanliness of the punch.

the reason the majority of people scored it for ggg is probably because ggg's jab was often landing 100 percent unabated while canelos power punches were often partially blocked by ggg's high glove defense.
                      Canelo wasn't worried about the jab. The jab wasnt hurting him. But we saw canelo looking like Whitaker against his power shots.

Again, canelo did what he wanted and controlled the fight. Canelo made it his fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X