Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who is Cotto going to fight in dec? Ggg or canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pick GGG to beat Cotto pretty badly at this point, but if it's such a quick turnaround from the Alvarez fight I'd still expect GGG to win but just not as easily.

Comment

Amir Khan or David Lemieux.

Comment

Golovkin could fight Cotto in December. Canelo's side will likely dictate that GGG only sign on to the May rematch. GGG should just get it on with Cotto then fight Saunders for undisputed. Canelo didn't gain any belts with a draw.

Comment

He'd be stupid to fight either. Gg will take it in a heartbeat. He loves fighting smaller guys

Comment

I dont think he fights either. He would want to go out with an absolute win. Or at the least a potentially winnable fight with a title on the line like Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...alvarez-winner

So it being a draw, cotto has his choice.

My bet is on canelo
              Well he said he wanted to face the winner so.....

And Canelo said he isn't fighting again back until next year in May to lick his wounds.

I still doubt Cotto faces Golovkin even if it's the biggest fight available to him.

Comment

Neither Canelo or Golovkin are going to fight Cotto with just 2 and a half months between fights. I'm going to guess and say that both Canelo and Golovkin turn Cotto down to fight in December.

Cotto's options will likely be Lemieux, Khan, Matthysse or last, last resort and I doubt it happens, Margarito 3.
                Last edited by True That; 09-17-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I doubt Canelo is gonna fight again that soon even for a nice payday

GGG would but I doubt Cotto actually wants to fight him and go out with a likely beating.

Comment

Cotto will never fight either of them. I would bet one hundred dollars against one dollar that he will never fight either of them. Cotto wants his last fight to be a win. Either Canelo or GGG would KO Cotto today and I think both Cotto and Roach know that although of course they would never admit it. Anyway there will be no middleweight fight for Cotto against either GGG or Canelo, I promise you. He won't be fighting Lemieux, Jermall, Jacobs or any other hard punching top middleweight at 160. He might fight Saunders if Saunders would agree to a catch weight of 155. Cotto wants to go out a winner and he won't be fighting any big punching middleweights.

Comment

BJS. The Brit be looking for a smaller man with a name.

Comment

Working...
                      X