Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tony Bellew: Andre Ward Hinted That He'll Fight Me If I Can Beat Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no way this happens. Ward wanted 3 tune-up fights before fighting Kovalev.

Why would he jump in and fight the winner of this bout (unless it's Bellew)? At his age, time away from boxing, and moving up to an even larger amount of weight, there's no way this happens.

He'll never fight Usyk. There's no way, considering the details. Plus, it's a fight I don't think he has a chance in winning. If he did and pulled off the win, I wonder where he would be on my ATG in all honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
      Why are all the world's top p4p fighters queuing up to fight....Tony Bellew?
      He's not that good and it's good money.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Good points but sounds like you're counting Bellew out completely?

On a side note, another interesting part of the interview (which was recorded prior to the fight) is that Bellew very accurately predicted Smith would KO Groves in the mid-rounds!
        When I study the complete boxing record of Bellew and Usyk I can see no logical reason why Bellew should be given more than a tiny puncher's chance to win. If Bellew wants the fight beaten out of him I think he will get his wish. Bellew might be good at predicting the results of other fights but he overrates himself by a large amount.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Good points but sounds like you're counting Bellew out completely?
          Yea basically. Its a 80/20 type fight to me.

On a side note, another interesting part of the interview (which was recorded prior to the fight) is that Bellew very accurately predicted Smith would KO Groves in the mid-rounds!
          Bellew is a good commentator & breaker down of fights.

Comment

CW is a very overrated division. Stevenson walked right through bellew like he was a bum. Having said that Usyk is a p4p fighter and easily beats bellew. Stops him mid rds.

Comment

If Bellew caught Usyk with a bomb, Ward might, he could beat Bellew. I'd be more impressed though if Ward simply called out the winner before the fight happened.

Comment

The real question is will Ward also fight Usyk if he beats Bellew ?

Comment

Working...
                X