No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nathan Gorman Welcomes Daniel Dubois: He Knows Where I Am

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    Gorman would get on his bike as soon as Dubois started throwing, he's no Tyson Fury who can box for 12 rounds against a big boxer/puncher like Dubois.

I'm not going to call you an idiot, just different opinions, and I actually rate Gorman, but he would get flattened by Dubois.
    Well if our history is a gauge im up on you ,so calling me an idiot wouldn't work anyway would it ?

If my memory serves me correctly you literally took a hiatus from here when Klitchko lost to Joshua after months of telling me about my boxing knowledge and you ate your words.

Of course feel free again bc its all good .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Well if our history is a gauge im up on you ,so calling me an idiot wouldn't work anyway would it ?

If my memory serves me correctly you literally took a hiatus from here when Klitchko lost to Joshua after months of telling me about my boxing knowledge and you ate your words.

Of course feel free again bc its all good .
      Hahaha good memory. I did leave the forum, but please don't think I'm so pathetic as to leave a forum over getting a prediction wrong (which happens often)...even though it was 50/50 until an uppercut in the 11th and could have went either way...lol no hard feelings.

I gave Joshua credit for that fight, unlike you who gave Fury nothing after beating him, and schooling him.

That's the difference.

In regards to Gorman/Dubois. Gorman is not big enough or skilled enough to outbox him and survive the bombs coming his way, as Dubois has quick feet and explosiveness, he's sudden and will finish you as soon as he steps on the gas.

I see why you think Gorman has a chance, he's a good boxer, but when you are faced with a powerhouse like Dubois, much in the vain of AJ, your talent can only take you so far. AJ has size,power and reach, it's why Takam ran from him even though he stood and chased Povetkin and Parker.... the power is real.

In the HW division, power and size/reach can carry you, like AJ has terrible footwork/speed and head movement, but his size and power make other guys run. Wilder....OMG Wilder. The worst HW champion run in history, literally falls over throwing wild punches, terrible technique.....has a PUNCH, so guys turtle against him and he windmills them to a stoppage or stops them.

I just see things for what they are. Joshua was the same, Klitschko could have beat him but got the tactics wrong, AJ has holes but proved his recovery, stamina and many other things.

thanks for listening.

Comment

stablemates? they train in different cities lad BIGPOPPAPUMP

anyway, Dubois beats Fat...I mean Gorman up.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Gorman is quite a nice boxer. He has some natural talent for sure when you consider his limited amateur background and short pro career so far. He's more technically sound than your average domestic level heavyweight, not too dissimilar to the Fury family.

Need to see more of Dubois, all i've seen is he can bang and that he seems to be pretty smooth and well balanced as a puncher.

If they can get some domestic belt on the line then it could be good sometime in 2018.
          When you talk about Gypsies, you have to realise they fight from a young age, it's in their culture.

Amateur experience is good, but does amateur boxing prepare you for fighting in a real fight? no. Does starting amateur boxing in your teens make you better than a Gypsy who has been boxing/fighting since childhood? no.

Many people on here fail to realise that these people live fighting, whether it's just 2 guys going at it in the car park, they are exposed to it as young children....I think it makes for naturally good fighters...

Comment

When you talk about Gypsies, you have to realise they fight from a young age, it's in their culture.

Amateur experience is good, but does amateur boxing prepare you for fighting in a real fight? no. Does starting amateur boxing in your teens make you better than a Gypsy who has been boxing/fighting since childhood? no.

Many people on here fail to realise that these people live fighting, whether it's just 2 guys going at it in the car park, they are exposed to it as young children....I think it makes for naturally good fighters...
            I know that, plenty of gypsies were family friends of mine, although i'm not one.

But i was saying Gorman is actually very technically sound as a boxer, not just a good fighter. Saunders and the Fury's are technically sound too but they also have a pretty good amateur background. You know they can fight anyway, but their technique and ability comes from actual boxing training, that is evident.

Gorman may have grown up fighting on the sites, but his boxing technique is more like someone that has been well schooled. I've seen plenty of Gypsy fights, i know most of them can scrap but boxing is a different thing altogether.

They have been p1ssing around with horses since they were little too, but it doesn't mean they can jump on one and win the Grand National.

Comment

Hahaha good memory. I did leave the forum, but please don't think I'm so pathetic as to leave a forum over getting a prediction wrong (which happens often)...even though it was 50/50 until an uppercut in the 11th and could have went either way...lol no hard feelings.

I gave Joshua credit for that fight, unlike you who gave Fury nothing after beating him, and schooling him.

That's the difference.

In regards to Gorman/Dubois. Gorman is not big enough or skilled enough to outbox him and survive the bombs coming his way, as Dubois has quick feet and explosiveness, he's sudden and will finish you as soon as he steps on the gas.

I see why you think Gorman has a chance, he's a good boxer, but when you are faced with a powerhouse like Dubois, much in the vain of AJ, your talent can only take you so far. AJ has size,power and reach, it's why Takam ran from him even though he stood and chased Povetkin and Parker.... the power is real.

In the HW division, power and size/reach can carry you, like AJ has terrible footwork/speed and head movement, but his size and power make other guys run. Wilder....OMG Wilder. The worst HW champion run in history, literally falls over throwing wild punches, terrible technique.....has a PUNCH, so guys turtle against him and he windmills them to a stoppage or stops them.

I just see things for what they are. Joshua was the same, Klitschko could have beat him but got the tactics wrong, AJ has holes but proved his recovery, stamina and many other things.

thanks for listening.
              Fury deserves minimal credit for a out of sink Wlad in and out of the ring coupled with Fury testing positive for steroids . If you wish to think thats remotley on the same level as Joshua going for an actual stoppage with a Klitchko whos back was against the wall and as derermined as ever be my guest but i refuse to give extra credit where i know its not warranted.

Joshua fought Klitchkos fight and still won,ppl want to dismiss he also should have ended the fight sooner in rnd 5 and had Joshua had more than 18 fights would have been far more effective and also weighed a career high so he was adjusting to the weight when the fight prolonged which did slow him down . Theres reasons why Klitchko did not take the rematch ,i just gave you a few .

You stated Joshua has terrible footwork /speed ? Sorry but this tells me you arent seeing things what they are .

Joshuas no head movement (which really is moot for his style ) is also an exaggeration . Joshuas is the second LEAST hit HW even moreso than Fury.And thats an aggressive style ,more proned to take more punches .

Joshua is irrelevant in the Gorman vs Duboi ,bc Duboi at this stage isnt near what Joshua is now and Gormon has all the abilities to out box him right now hes FASTER and harder to land clean shots on ....this would give him the edge over a very green Duboi still learning balance in the ring when he lunges his shots .

Gorman is roughly 6'3 and weighs more than Duboi not sure where you think hes not big enough .Duboi is 6'4 .

Duboi will be favored over Gorman but he wouldn't have the upper hand if they fought within a year . Boxing is about developments at the right time ...Gorman is all wrong for him right now .

The only real thing i can possibly agree on is Wilder . Thers several reasons why hes not as good as he should be ,im not even getting into that its become draining at this point . I'll wait till he signs an actual contract and gets off twitter .
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-19-2017, 07:08 AM.

Comment

I know that, plenty of gypsies were family friends of mine, although i'm not one.

But i was saying Gorman is actually very technically sound as a boxer, not just a good fighter. Saunders and the Fury's are technically sound too but they also have a pretty good amateur background. You know they can fight anyway, but their technique and ability comes from actual boxing training, that is evident.

Gorman may have grown up fighting on the sites, but his boxing technique is more like someone that has been well schooled. I've seen plenty of Gypsy fights, i know most of them can scrap but boxing is a different thing altogether.

They have been p1ssing around with horses since they were little too, but it doesn't mean they can jump on one and win the Grand National.
                I know there is a difference between actual boxing training and bare-knuckle, my point is that if you take a kid who grew up on a gypsy site, who already knows how to throw a punch and fight, then compare him with a kid who has never fought and give him some training....who would your money be on?

I'd bet on the traveller with the fighting bred in them over some teen that just started boxing and who had never been in a real fight.

Comment

I know there is a difference between actual boxing training and bare-knuckle, my point is that if you take a kid who grew up on a gypsy site, who already knows how to throw a punch and fight, then compare him with a kid who has never fought and give him some training....who would your money be on?

I'd bet on the traveller with the fighting bred in them over some teen that just started boxing and who had never been in a real fight.
                  I understand that. They obviously have an advantage when starting out for those reasons.

All i was saying was Gorman's boxing technique for a heavyweight is much better than most, considering his lack of experience actually boxing. I'm not just talking about punching and fighting because he has nice balance, feet, good judgement of distance and angles.

There's been plenty of gypsy fighters that could fight but had nowhere near the actual sound technique that the likes of Saunders and Fury did, guys that had proper amateur backgrounds.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    Fury deserves minimal credit for a out of sink Wlad in and out of the ring coupled with Fury testing positive for steroids . If you wish to think thats remotley on the same level as Joshua going for an actual stoppage with a Klitchko whos back was against the wall and as derermined as ever be my guest but i refuse to give extra credit where i know its not warranted.

Joshua fought Klitchkos fight and still won,ppl want to dismiss he also should have ended the fight sooner in rnd 5 and had Joshua had more than 18 fights would have been far more effective and also weighed a career high so he was adjusting to the weight when the fight prolonged which did slow him down . Theres reasons why Klitchko did not take the rematch ,i just gave you a few .

You stated Joshua has terrible footwork /speed ? Sorry but this tells me you arent seeing things what they are .

Joshuas no head movement (which really is moot for his style ) is also an exaggeration . Joshuas is the second LEAST hit HW even moreso than Fury.And thats an aggressive style ,more proned to take more punches .

Joshua is irrelevant in the Gorman vs Duboi ,bc Duboi at this stage isnt near what Joshua is now and Gormon has all the abilities to out box him right now hes FASTER and harder to land clean shots on ....this would give him the edge over a very green Duboi still learning balance in the ring when he lunges his shots .

Gorman is roughly 6'3 and weighs more than Duboi not sure where you think hes not big enough .Duboi is 6'4 .

Duboi will be favored over Gorman but he wouldn't have the upper hand if they fought within a year . Boxing is about developments at the right time ...Gorman is all wrong for him right now .

The only real thing i can possibly agree on is Wilder . Thers several reasons why hes not as good as he should be ,im not even getting into that its become draining at this point . I'll wait till he signs an actual contract and gets off twitter .
                    Your bias is obvious. Like I said, you refuse to give credit to Fury who played with Klitschko in his back yard, but give major props to Joshua fighting in his home town against an older Wlad who hadn't fought in near 18 months.

End of. Won't reply to your BS after this.

Comment

I understand that. They obviously have an advantage when starting out for those reasons.

All i was saying was Gorman's boxing technique for a heavyweight is much better than most, considering his lack of experience actually boxing. I'm not just talking about punching and fighting because he has nice balance, feet, good judgement of distance and angles.

There's been plenty of gypsy fighters that could fight but had nowhere near the actual sound technique that the likes of Saunders and Fury did, guys that had proper amateur backgrounds.
                      Fair points, and I agree being a traveller doesn't make a good boxer - but the one's that have natural fighting ability seem to do better than most even with sub-par preparation and lifestyle.

Fury and Saunders are prime examples of fighters who don't take boxing serious, just go off natural fighting ability. I just feel the people who grew up around fighting and train on gypsy sites as kids have an advantage, they have heart and a fighting instinct. These natural fighters go into boxing gyms and have skills that other boxers would take years to master...in short, I think their background gives them a head start in boxing, then it's up to the fighter and his dedication to see how far he goes.

Agree with what you're saying mostly, I think Gorman has natural ability that comes from his culture/background, which makes up for his lack of amateur experience.

Comment

Working...
                      X