Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the sanctioning organizations order a rematch of Kovalev-Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    Obviously a rematch is warranted but I don't think the orgs should order it. Anyway I think there is already a rematch clause.
    But Ward is such a bitch to negotiate with.

He'll never accept the rematch unless it means he'll lose his titles.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      If they order a rematch it should be because it was a close fight where the outcome could have gone either way,.

A rematch need not be ordered because you and a few other immature, neo-conservative, alt-right Kov fans are still upset that Ward got the UD.
      I'm NOT a neo-conservative.

That's a terrible insult - I was very opposed to the Iraq War and I'm opposed the current western involvement in Syria.

I'm a paleo-conservative and libertarian.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        They can order a rematch that is fine, but if Ward is not going to honor a contractually obligated rematch clause (which will lead to litigation), why would he care about anything a sanctioning body says?
        Just came on here to say exactly this. I have no idea which way Ward will jump, but any decision made by the orgs will be of less significance than the rematch clause.

Comment

Of course they should.

The first fight was a scam and Sergey has the ability to knock that smug **** out.

Comment

We're supposed to take these guys seriously and yet, they do things like make polls with loaded options like this. There is no option in the poll for "No, the sanctioning organizations shouldn't order a rematch", which is what most people saying no are trying to say. Almost every single person on the forum agrees that there should be a rematch.

Add this poll with Mr. Objectivity's thread asking for 1-10 on Ward's win over Dawson, but only giving options 1-6.5 in .5 increments, or Jc8804's Ward ducking poll where there are 3 options to say Ward is ducking and 1 option to say "No he is the A-side after schooling Kovalev easily." Where is the "it hasn't been enough time to determine a duck" or "no he isn't ducking" options?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              We're supposed to take these guys seriously and yet, they do things like make polls with loaded options like this. There is no option in the poll for "No, the sanctioning organizations shouldn't order a rematch", which is what most people saying no are trying to say. Almost every single person on the forum agrees that there should be a rematch.

Add this poll with Mr. Objectivity's thread asking for 1-10 on Ward's win over Dawson, but only giving options 1-6.5 in .5 increments, or Jc8804's Ward ducking poll where there are 3 options to say Ward is ducking and 1 option to say "No he is the A-side after schooling Kovalev easily." Where is the "it hasn't been enough time to determine a duck" or "no he isn't ducking" options?
              @ your sig

Mr. Objectivity should be Mr. Oxymoron

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                Of course they should.

The first fight was a scam and Sergey has the ability to knock that smug **** out.
                Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Very true.
                  Well let's see... Kovalev even talking about a jump to cruiser now.. but of course we should see the Ward rematch, even Ward fans believe so.

Comment

Working...
                  X