No announcement yet.

See College is free

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See College is free

Delinquent U.S. student loans reached a record $166 billion in the fourth quarter. But since “delinquency rates for student loans are likely to understate effective delinquency rates” by about half, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, the figure is probably a far cry from reality.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ies-hit-record

It seems College is much like gas prices. States raise the taxes and gas goes up and people blame big oil.

Dems tell everyone they need college then raise costs and then blame the lenders.

Public university in California is pretty much free between federal+state grants & waivers, or at least I didn't know anyone truly paying for it.

They took out loans for apartments & groceries but tuition is essentially free. NOBODY was paying for tuition. You got out of that with a one-page form.

As such it was a bunch of rejects majoring in random nonsense & taking 6 years to graduate (6 years being the free tuition cutoff).

It is essentially just a continuation of public high school & very few bright minds are sticking around to waste their time on traditional campuses. Graduating college is the new GED.
    Last edited by ////; 02-24-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

College has become a big business. Many here are sure to give out partial scholarships and then charge 5000-6000 a semester for living quarters. Two I know of here make living there mandatory for freshmen and sop****res. They get you one way or another and though loans help, you will be paying on these for years.

Comment

I went to college for free. In the late 60's the (liberal) NYC government allowed all students with a NY HS diploma to go to any CUNY (City University of New York) campus for free. This was imposed so that boys could avoid being sent to Vietnam. I had zero chance of going to college otherwise....my grades were atrocious and anyway there was no money for it even if I had been a good student. So, since I was 1A and draftable, I went to college until the lottery system replaced the draft. So, two free years of college.

Comment

community colleges and shit like that are pretty much damn near free, its universities and such where you pursue a more indepth career/degree that community college cannot offer you that charge you.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
            Graduating college is the new GED.
            This is true. You're seeing so many people having to pay these student loans over the past 10 years. It's growing and growing and they work everyday jobs... Making barely any $$.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              This is true. You're seeing so many people having to pay these student loans over the past 10 years. It's growing and growing and they work everyday jobs... Making barely any $$.
              I wouldn't say all that, college is still king and the only route acceptable to gain the knowledge expertise for alot of successful positions.

The problem with individuals are they are just stupid, alot go and master or whatever in a field where their payrate CANT cover their damn loans + their cost of living and wonder why they're fucked when they get out of college, on top of alot of fields being over saturated.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                I wouldn't say all that, college is still king and the only route acceptable to gain the knowledge expertise for alot of successful positions.

The problem with individuals are they are just stupid, alot go and master or whatever in a field where their payrate CANT cover their damn loans + their cost of living and wonder why they're fucked when they get out of college, on top of alot of fields being over saturated.
                I hear what you're saying and yes, it does set you apart from other candidates. But I've never met someone who went to college and actually was able to out perform me in the workplace.

Doctors, lawyers... yes that's quite different.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  I hear what you're saying and yes, it does set you apart from other candidates. But I've never met someone who went to college and actually was able to out perform me in the workplace.

Doctors, lawyers... yes that's quite different.
                  you should only be going to college for Doctors and lawyers* type of jobs, if you can learn the trade outside of college thats the route you should always take because the school stuff is mostly just a vetting stage you learn most of everything on the job in these trade type of fields.

* I watch too much boxing too awhile to spell lawyers I kept auto spelling Lawyeather as in mayweather lmfao.

Comment

"Dems tell everyone they need college"

This is new to me. I thought job descriptions told prospective applicants that they need a degree. From my experience at least, this is the case. Depending on the job that you want that is.

To be a physician, you need a degree and then 4 years med school, 4 years res.

To be an aerospace engineer for NASA, you need a degree.

To be a nurse, you need a degree.

To be a pharmacist you need a degree.

To be a psychologist you need a PhD or PsyD in Psychology.

If you do not have a degree, there's trades you can learn, and you should say that. But you should get one or the other.

Someone once told me they don't need a degree because Bill Gates or Steve Jobs didn't get one. Son, are you Bill Gates? Are you Steve Jobs?

Comment

Working...
                    X