No announcement yet.

Tony Weeks penalized Broner for extensive hugging

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but Mayweather didn't have to hold to beat Pacquiao. All he had to do was move and throw. Pacquiao was less threatening to Mayweather than Marcos Maidana.
    Agree with this.

As for the Broner fight-I thought there was 7 or 8 times Broner could have been penalized before I stopped counting his fouls after the 6th or 7th round. I thought he may have gotten DQ'd.

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      weeks didnt take a point from broner for holding, it was for pushing his forearm into porters face
      Actually your right. Its everything lol

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        Actually you're corrected there is a difference.

In the Porter Vs Broner fight Broner sometimes had no choice but too clinch because of Porters wild style and rushing.

He lost a point and rightfully so but also was blatantly using the forearm and push Porters face which played into the point deduction.

As for PacMay, Mayweather was literally pulling Manny into clinches. There was no reason to clinch other than to disrupt rhythm. One this is blatant fouling. More blatant than Broner's.

He used clinching as a way to stop Manny from throwing combos after he cut the ring off and should been penalized after the third attempt. There's nothing worst than using clinching as a defense and these fighters should start being DQ'ed.
        ab showed he cant adapt to big pressure guys clearly. i understand your perspective but ab aint no 'problem' at welterweight. this division aint light weight were he can do what he wants to his opponents (only quality opponent i can say was DeMarco and Ponce).
        AB could not use his legs agasint him, he got frustrated and got fcked during the fight.
        AB wont beat no A or B class fighter at welterweight.

Comment

***** ass cowards hugging and running

Comment

Working...
          X