Sky commentary is the worst!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Absolute diarrhoea. Froch is sickening.
    Froch is bad and I don't watch that much Sky Sports versions of fights. I mean I try to when I can find them so I can get both commentator sides but man, Froch can be annoying. He barely gave any credit to Errol in any of the early rounds where he did some subtle work in his win against Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      Froch and Smith are really giving this the AJ bias.

Parker doing well, AJ landing nothing!
      Blame Wilder for not doing the commentary

Comment

The only redeeming quality about SKY is Anna Woolnough pulling off the leather trousers and heels like a bad b*tch.

Comment

AJ was hardly landing anything and the commentators were creaming over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Not with you on that one. That guy is an absolute yoghurt.

Talks out of his anus.

I like Barry Jones on Boxnation actually but he's never going to have the star power.
            I was just kidding about Teddy.

Actually, i much prefer Boxnation's commentators. They will call it how it is even if thats against the 'House Fighter'.

John Rawling and Barry Jones are much easier on ears compared to sky's idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Lol no it wasnt what are you talking about. I gave Parker 2 rounds, he was landing next to nothing. What were you watching?
              You're entitled to your opinion. What we can both agree on is that TRIPLE D will annihilate both guys in around two years from now.

Also, I don't think any one is arguing that Parker won the fight or even deserved the draw. Its that they were both pretty average and showed how limited they were.

I had around 6 rounds that i could easily have scored a 10-10 round as neither guy really WON IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                I was just kidding about Teddy.

Actually, i much prefer Boxnation's commentators. They will call it how it is even if thats against the 'House Fighter'.

John Rawling and Barry Jones are much easier on ears compared to sky's idiots.
                Can't stand Sky. Unless Paulie is there obviously.

One of the main reasons I like Paulie is that as a light puncher at the top level himself when he boxed he doesn't just disregard the small details. The feints that stop a fighter throwing or draw a lead, or the little scoring shots that keep a fighter off balance or claim real estate in the ring. He appreciates the little nuances. Parker was smart in there tonight I don't think he came that close to winning but I'm not surprised Paulie had it close-ish.

Barry Jones was a non-puncher himself. There must be something in that enabling them to have a more unbiased view!

With Froch I always feel like he is waiting for something to land with authority until he will acknowledge it. I've always felt that way watching HBO's team as well tbh.

Comment

It's not necessarily pure bias with Froch, I just feel he has a very limited ability to interpret and describe what he is watching. Sky have a big stable of opiniated fighters/ex-fighters with very little capacity for technical analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Can't stand Sky. Unless Paulie is there obviously.

One of the main reasons I like Paulie is that as a light puncher at the top level himself when he boxed he doesn't just disregard the small details. The feints that stop a fighter throwing or draw a lead, or the little scoring shots that keep a fighter off balance or claim real estate in the ring. He appreciates the little nuances. Parker was smart in there tonight I don't think he came that close to winning but I'm not surprised Paulie had it close-ish.

Barry Jones was a non-puncher himself. There must be something in that enabling them to have a more unbiased view!

With Froch I always feel like he is waiting for something to land with authority until he will acknowledge it. I've always felt that way watching HBO's team as well tbh.
                    Totally Agree.

Boxing (or the way i see it at least) is just as much about what a boxer is doing when he isn't throwing punches i.e using feints, footwork, upper body movement to get positioning.

Going back to Teddy Atlas, its what he calls trying to get Real Estate and i agree with him on that.
                    Last edited by Boxnation fan; 03-31-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

i always watch the fights on mute tbh,you get carried away with the crowd never mind the comentaters.

Comment

Working...
                      X