Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Parker vs Oleksandr Usyk, who wins in a bout at heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Parker vs Oleksandr Usyk, who wins in a bout at heavyweight?

If Oleksandr Usyk moves up to heavyweight and takes on Parker, who do you think would win?
    Joseph Parker
    19.35%
    Oleksandr Usyk
    80.65%

Usyk hasnt really shown anything to suggest he cracks a top HW spot . His fight with Hunter shows he would struggle so far . Wins over novice guys like Fa and Joyce (two SLOW punchers too ) years back doesnt prove much now . Unless Usyk was steam rolling his own weight class which hes not so far ,i wouldn't take him over a still learning Parker .

Usyk at HW ? Hes 6'3 and would eat more punches against taller guys who hit alot harder than what he has been up against . Hes not a big puncher either and at a higher weight would lose some speed . People have compared him to Holyfield snd labled him a giant killer ? These are far fetched views right now .

Parker grinds him down if this fight ever takes place .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-25-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I think Usyk would beat him. I have been impressed by Usyk. Parker is OK but nothing special from what I have seen so far.

Comment

Usyk outboxes him easy

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Usyk hasnt really shown anything to suggest he cracks a top HW spot . His fight with Hunter shows he would struggle so far . Wins over novice guys like Fa and Joyce (two SLOW punchers too ) years back doesnt prove much now . Unless Usyk was steam rolling his own weight class which hes not so far ,i wouldn't take him over a still learning Parker .

Usyk at HW ? Hes 6'3 and would eat more punches against taller guys who hit alot harder than what he has been up against . Hes not a big puncher either and at a higher weight would lose some speed . People have compared him to Holyfield snd labled him a giant killer ? These are far fetched views right now .

Lol wut?? Hunter won two rounds of that fight>?

I guess giving up the first two roudns to figure your opponent out, and get your timing down, is now "showing vulnerability."

Usyk would come in about 213-218 at HW - he's a big CW.

He would box circles around Parker, and he hits just hard enough to keep Parker honest, and from rushing in liek a bull.

Comment

Usyk easy UD. Parker couldn;t hit him clean enough

Comment

Usyk.

In all honesty, Parker is rubbish. I'd honestly give Bellew a good shot at beating him at Heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post

To be honest, I agree with you that until Usyk actually competes at heavyweight against real heavyweights, we can't deduce how good a heavyweight he would be. His cruiserweight records would become less relevant if he moves up to heavyweight and competes there since it's mostly different there.

However, I'm gonna have to address the point you made about the height of Usyk compared to other heavyweights. First off, Joseph Parker himself is 6 foot 4 inches (only one inch taller than Usyk who is listed at 6 foot 3 inches). They both have the exact same reach listed at 78 inch. So assuming there is any height advantage between Usyk and Parker (which I don't think there is), it would be EXTREMELY negligible and would probably be a very little factor.

Furthermore, 6 foot 3 inches is an acceptable and a satisfactory height to be a heavyweight, especially when someone possesses the skill set and abilities that Usyk possesses. 6 foot 3 isn't too tall, but isn't a short height either. For me, someone who is below 6 foot 3 would be considered short by modern heavyweight standards.

Also, Usyk appears to be more skilled than Holyfield. His footwork is more fluid, faster and precise. His defense and elusive movement in general also appears to be better (Wladimir Klitschko was said to have had trouble landing a glove on him during sparring). So we really can't count him out!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                  To be honest, I agree with you that until Usyk actually competes at heavyweight against real heavyweights, we can't deduce how good a heavyweight he would be. His cruiserweight records would become less relevant if he moves up to heavyweight and competes there since it's mostly different there.

However, I'm gonna have to address the point you made about the height of Usyk compared to other heavyweights. First off, Joseph Parker himself is 6 foot 4 inches (only one inch taller than Usyk who is listed at 6 foot 3 inches). They both have the exact same reach listed at 78 inch. So assuming there is any height advantage between Usyk and Parker (which I don't think there is), it would be EXTREMELY negligible and would probably be a very little factor.

Furthermore, 6 foot 3 inches is an acceptable and a satisfactory height to be a heavyweight, especially when someone possesses the skill set and abilities that Usyk possesses. 6 foot 3 isn't too tall, but isn't a short height either. For me, someone who is below 6 foot 3 would be considered short by modern heavyweight standards.

Also, Usyk appears to be more skilled than Holyfield. His footwork is more fluid, faster and precise. His defense and elusive movement in general also appears to be better (Wladimir Klitschko was said to have had trouble landing a glove on him during sparring). So we really can't count him out!
                  The average HW height is 6'4 . Reach is only a huge factor in how you use it ,Usyk is an outside fighter ,Holyfield had exellent ability to nutralize much larger guys with fast counter punching abilities on the inside and threw in explosive combos . Thers not one punch Usyk throws better than a Holyfield left hook .

Your point is somewhat contradictory bc you cant say Usyk is more skilled or effective than Holyfield then claim Usyk would have tpo prove himself when Holyfield IS proven .

Usyk isnt overly fast punching either and relies on his foot work to set the angles up .He looks fast with slower punchers . Again he is missing the key ingredient here and thats a power punch to really rattle a LEGIT HW in the style he fights .

Klitchko isnot going to damage his fighter in sparring . You still have to engage at the HW division ,the Parker fight showed why and Hughie looks somewhat more difficult than Usyk .
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-26-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
                    Lol wut?? Hunter won two rounds of that fight>?

I guess giving up the first two roudns to figure your opponent out, and get your timing down, is now "showing vulnerability."

Usyk would come in about 213-218 at HW - he's a big CW.

He would box circles around Parker, and he hits just hard enough to keep Parker honest, and from rushing in liek a bull.
                    Yea Hunter won 2 rnds if you dont know how to score fights . Fight was very close up until the end , the actual punches landed would show that .

Of course Usyk in front of HUGE Ukranian crowd gets closernds with the following he has .With also the Klitchkos backing him,on is really going have to lay into him to get any decision win.
                    Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-26-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X