Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Parker vs Oleksandr Usyk, who wins in a bout at heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    The average HW height is 6'4 . Reach is only a huge factor in how you use it ,Usyk is an outside fighter ,Holyfield had exellent ability to nutralize much larger guys with fast counter punching abilities on the inside and threw in explosive combos . Thers not one punch Usyk throws better than a Holyfield left hook .

Your point is somewhat contradictory bc you cant say Usyk is more skilled or effective than Holyfield then claim Usyk would have tpo prove himself when Holyfield IS proven .

Usyk isnt overly fast punching either and relies on his foot work to set the angles up .He looks fast with slower punchers . Again he is missing the key ingredient here and thats a power punch to really rattle a LEGIT HW in the style he fights .

Klitchko isnot going to damage his fighter in sparring . You still have to engage at the HW division ,the Parker fight showed why and Hughie looks somewhat more difficult than Usyk .
    The average HW height is 6'4 . Reach is only a huge factor in how you use it ,Usyk is an outside fighter ,Holyfield had exellent ability to nutralize much larger guys with fast counter punching abilities on the inside and threw in explosive combos . Thers not one punch Usyk throws better than a Holyfield left hook .

Your point is somewhat contradictory bc you cant say Usyk is more skilled or effective than Holyfield then claim Usyk would have tpo prove himself when Holyfield IS proven .

Usyk isnt overly fast punching either and relies on his foot work to set the angles up .He looks fast with slower punchers . Again he is missing the key ingredient here and thats a power punch to really rattle a LEGIT HW in the style he fights .

Klitchko isnot going to damage his fighter in sparring . You still have to engage at the HW division ,the Parker fight showed why .

My point with height was that both Parker and Usyk are practically the same height. 1 inch really isn't going to make much of a difference, if any at all. Since they are only separated by an inch and both have the exact same reach listed at 78 inches. So are you going to argue that height is going to be a big factor for Usyk against Parker?

Usyk is a very complete and versatile boxer. He can box on the outside, he can counter punch, he can throw combinations and even box on the inside. He isn't a one dimensional boxer by any means. There are many things Usyk does better than Holyfield. He is far more elusive with his foot, body and head movement.

Well, I can state that Vasyl Lomachenko is more skilled than Anthony Joshua. That doesn't mean he would beat Anthony Joshua. Likewise, I can state that Usyk is more skilled than Holyfield or other heavyweights, that doesn't mean he can therefore beat them (he can definitely beat Holyfield though). Skills alone don't determine the outcome of a boxing bout. Size also plays a part. So that's the reason why Usyk has to prove that he can carry his skills to heavyweight and still be as effective. If he does (which is the only question mark), then I think he can not only beat Parker, but most of the other heavyweights too.

The thing about speed is that Usyk makes everyone below below light heavyweight look slow. It isn't because those boxers are slow, but because he is arguably one of, if not the fastest boxer above super middleweight. I don't think there's many, if any boxers that are faster than Usyk at light heavyweight, cruiserweight or heavyweight. If he makes cruiserweights look slow and heavyweights are generally slwoer than cruiserweights, then you can bet he'd make heavyweights look even slower.

Evander Holyfield wasn't a power puncher either, but he managed to succeed at heavyweight. I see no reason why Usyk couldn't. However, as usual, a boxer that has never fought in a specific weight division has to first prove he can be equally effective in the new division before we can accept that he can be successful in that new division.

Comment

usyk seems to be getting painted out as some midget on here lol, the guys 6ft 3 and a solid build. He'd beat parker easy, the guy wouldnt land a glove on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
        My point with height was that both Parker and Usyk are practically the same height. 1 inch really isn't going to make much of a difference, if any at all. Since they are only separated by an inch and both have the exact same reach listed at 78 inches. So are you going to argue that height is going to be a big factor for Usyk against Parker?

Usyk is a very complete and versatile boxer. He can box on the outside, he can counter punch, he can throw combinations and even box on the inside. He isn't a one dimensional boxer by any means. There are many things Usyk does better than Holyfield. He is far more elusive with his foot, body and head movement.

Well, I can state that Vasyl Lomachenko is more skilled than Anthony Joshua. That doesn't mean he would beat Anthony Joshua. Likewise, I can state that Usyk is more skilled than Holyfield or other heavyweights, that doesn't mean he can therefore beat them (he can definitely beat Holyfield though). Skills alone don't determine the outcome of a boxing bout. Size also plays a part. So that's the reason why Usyk has to prove that he can carry his skills to heavyweight and still be as effective. If he does (which is the only question mark), then I think he can not only beat Parker, but most of the other heavyweights too.

The thing about speed is that Usyk makes everyone below below light heavyweight look slow. It isn't because those boxers are slow, but because he is arguably one of, if not the fastest boxer above super middleweight. I don't think there's many, if any boxers that are faster than Usyk at light heavyweight, cruiserweight or heavyweight. If he makes cruiserweights look slow and heavyweights are generally slwoer than cruiserweights, then you can bet he'd make heavyweights look even slower.

Evander Holyfield wasn't a power puncher either, but he managed to succeed at heavyweight. I see no reason why Usyk couldn't. However, as usual, a boxer that has never fought in a specific weight division has to first prove he can be equally effective in the new division before we can accept that he can be successful in that new division.
        An inch goes a mile ,thats why statistics are important just like when you then have a 6'2 guy vs a 6'5 ....then those inches begin to show why it changes fight trajectories .

Holyfield hit plenty hard just not against giants just ask Ray Mercer .

Holyfield also could set up shot after shot while still staying in range ....Usyk does not do this he throws mostly 2 punches at a time ,he has great work rate but thats bc he moves away from opposition from a distance and repeats .

I dont see Usyk speed remotley to what ppl describe it . Lets be real hes not that fast unless he is slap punching when he doesnt put much behind his shots . He relies on out manuvering and out pointing . I dont think its a good recipe at all at HW .

Really hes less threat than Haye and hes not slick like Byrd was . He misses alot when throwing flurries (even though it look good ) and he troubled by jabs and has to take rnds off to readjust .

Hes still early in his career so we'llsee ,hes also 31 and will slow 3 years from now at HW !
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-26-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Parker. Have to see Usyk beat some HW's first before I would pick him against a guy like Parker

Comment

An inch goes a mile ,thats why statistics are important just like when you then have a 6'2 guy vs a 6'5 ....then those inches begin to show why it changes fight trajectories .

Holyfield hit plenty hard just not against giants just ask Ray Mercer .

Holyfield also could set up shot after shot while still staying in range ....Usyk does not do this he throws mostly 2 punches at a time ,he has great work rate but thats bc he moves away from opposition from a distance and repeats .

I dont see Usyk speed remotley to what ppl describe it . Lets be real hes not that fast unless he is slap punching when he doesnt put much behind his shots . He relies on out manuvering and out pointing . I dont think its a good recipe at all at HW .

Really hes less threat than Haye and hes not slick like Byrd was . He misses alot when throwing flurries (even though it look good ) and he troubled by jabs and has to take rnds off to readjust .
            So please explain to me how a mere inch in height, is going to be of ANY significance between Parker and Usyk when both of them have literally the exact same reach? I'd like to read your explanation on this.

Usyk has practically a similar KO percentage at cruiserweight as Holyfield had at cruiserweight. I've seen nothing to suggest that Holyfield was a more powerful puncher than Usyk, at least at cruiserweight.

I don't see how Usyk's style of using movement couldn't translate to heavyweight boxing. The fact that Holyfield used to trade punches whilst standing in range was a testament to his inferior defensive abilities, compared to Usyk.

Name me one boxer today from light heavyweight to heavyweight that is faster than Oleksandr Usyk in terms of all round movement. You must have such high standards for speed then, if you think Usyk isn't fast for someone of his size?

He has inferior power to David Haye, but is technically far superior. He is taller and rangier than Chris Byrd. Has better lateral movement and throws more punches.

You're seriously underrating Oleksandr Usyk if you're already writing him off. He does everything better than David Haye, except punch harder. He just needs enough power to discourage his opponents at heavyweight and that would be enough to outbox most opponents due to his superior skill set.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
              Parker. Have to see Usyk beat some HW's first before I would pick him against a guy like Parker
              What does a 'guy like Parker' mean? What exactly is Parker 'LIKE'?

Comment

Usyk looked terrible vs Huck, he was getting hit clean way too many times and missing a bunch of his punches. He was also underwhelming against Hunter and Mchunu rocked him as well.

Doesn't have the power or defense to beat any of the big guns at HW including Parker. It took him a ton of shots before he could even finish any of those opponents.

His style is best suited for cruiser, he relies on his cardio and work rate to defeat opponents, reminds me a lot of Calzaghe.

Fury is a solid heavy weight, 6'6 80" reach, moves very well, hits significantly harder than Usyk and even he had trouble keeping Parker off him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                  What does a 'guy like Parker' mean? What exactly is Parker 'LIKE'?
                  A top 10 HW in the world

Comment

Usyk. He has tougher tests in the WBSS than Parker ffs...

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      A top 10 HW in the world
                      OK. Fair enough!

Comment

Working...
                      X