No announcement yet.

Underrated Premature Stoppage's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    I'm assuming that JCC-Taylor qualifies as obvious.

I thought the first McCall-Lewis stoppage was a travesty. Leonard-Benitez didn't need to be stopped, although Ray would have won on points anyway.

But Scott, wasn't Lewis falling into the refs arms, and didn't he need to be helped down the stairs 5 minutes later? Poleaxed!

Comment

khan vs mc closkey

Comment

It probably saved Juanma from a lot of extra damage that may have shortened his career. He was a beaten fighter when it was stopped.
        So was Meldrick Taylor bro. The amount of time left on the clock doesn't count for 5hit.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          I don't see how you can say he was a beaten fighter when he was on his feet and throwing back.

There were AT LEAST a dozen times during the Ward Gatti trilogy where those guys win worse shape then Juanma was and the fight was never stopped.
          He was on his feet but just flailing away with harmeless slapping punches. There was nowhere to go but down at that point. If I managed the guy, I'd be grateful for the stoppage. It may have given him quite a few more quality performances later in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Da Maori View Post
            So was Meldrick Taylor bro. The amount of time left on the clock doesn't count for 5hit.
            Strongly disagree. The time on the clock always matters, especially when the fighter isn't being hit when you actually stop it.

Comment

He was on his feet but just flailing away with harmeless slapping punches. There was nowhere to go but down at that point. If I managed the guy, I'd be grateful for the stoppage. It may have given him quite a few more quality performances later in his career.

Like I said none of the Ward Gatti fights get past the 6th round if that is the standard for a ref stopping a fight

Comment

First one to jump out at me was Chavez-Taylor II. No one mentions it, but I thought it was early.

Vazquez-Marquez II & Casamayor-Katsidis.

Comment

Working...
                X