Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum on Lopez's Future: Garcia and Davis Are Big Fights - Haney is Not!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's time for Tank to grow some nuts then
    Last edited by Mammoth; 10-26-2020, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
      This is Arum. It’s not about belts or being undisputted. It’s all about $$$ and big stage fights. I would even be surprised if he risks Lopez against Tank or Garcia since there’re from different stable.

Lopez vs Haney will be a pipedream

Loma vs Haney is a more possibility
      I'm sure Mauricio Sulaiman would be more than happy to rank Bumchenko #1. for Devin Haney, but Vasily is very prideful and I think he might be too embarrassed to crawl back to Devin after dismissing him.

This booger Lomachenko is likely to challenge Gervonta Davis or Santa Cruz for the WBA regular lightweight title.

Comment

This is about money...any fighter that doesn't have a direct contract with a network might be negotiated. Devin Haney is dangerous and he is obligated to a network.

Comment

See.....this is what I just don't understand. If Arum is trying to freeze out one of Eddie's fighters...then WHY THE HELL IS EDDIE NEGOTIATING THE AJ/ Fury fight??? Why not leave fury out in the cold until Arum dies or decides to play fair? This is just stupid to do any business with Top Rank.....its gonna backfire on Hearn for not using some damn common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            So Ryan Garcia is worthy of a shot, in spite the fact that hes only participating in a WBC lightweight title eliminator against Luke Campbell, but the actual champion, Devin the 'Dream' Haney is not a 'Big' fight?
            Like I said before, and I'll say it again until NSB listens.

Ryan Garcia is the money draw in the BUSINESS of boxing.

Comment

Haney is becoming the most avoided fighter at 135 and for good reason.

Comment

This is just an acknowledgement that Devin Haney is the most dangerous fighter for Teofimo Lopez to fight.

Just like he was for Lomachenko.

Which is why Haney was sidestepped for the WBC belt. Then avoided by Lomachenko (as a mandatory challenger) late last year when they petitioned for the WBC franchise belt.

Let's see what Teofimo Lopez does. And let's see how much DAZN offers him to fight Haney.

I'm guessing they need to put up $10-15 million.

Comment

I think Lopez already has 2021 lined up in Arum’s mind

Zepeda early
                  Verdejo mid
                  Taylor-Ramirez winner late

Comment

I'm sure Mauricio Sulaiman would be more than happy to rank Bumchenko #1. for Devin Haney, but Vasily is very prideful and I think he might be too embarrassed to crawl back to Devin after dismissing him.

This booger Lomachenko is likely to challenge Gervonta Davis or Santa Cruz for the WBA regular lightweight title.
                    Well Davis dismissed him before. Why would he entertain him now?

If Loma stays @ 135 and if Arum will not hold him, he’ll take on that ‘avoided man’

Comment

He's white....we get it already.

Comment

Working...
                      X