Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder is the BEST THING that ever happened to the UK.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder is the BEST THING that ever happened to the UK.

Deontay Wilder is a likable guy because of his big personality, but even on the forum here you don't see threads praising him because US fans don't respect his skill. If anything, American fans have been pretty unkind to the guy.

But, for the UK fans.... He is Cobra Commander, Gaston, Skeletor, he is the villain that they DESPERATELY need so their heroes can have someone to beat. They have two half decent HW fighters and fans are pleading to god and to the universe that Deontay will get some fans so they can feel that they finally have something to lord over the Americans. For you US fans who don't understand what that means, in some countries, fans rely on athletes who happen to live in the same country to validate them as people.

My fellow Americans, please respect the plight of the British fans and pretend to like Deontay. Even though most of you like Fury and AJ better. Otherwise, you'll leave some UK fans sounding like idiots when they go around saying "Wilder fans" in every thread. They NEED you to be Wilder fans.

Sad but true.

It's similar to the Jeff Lacy thing. They constantly bring it up like it was the greatest thing in the history of the world for Calzaghe to beat him.

Meanwhile most casual American fans had no idea who the hell Jeff Lacy even was. The guy wasn't even a blip on the radar of US boxing history.

Comment

the reverse psychology on this board is insane

Comment

Not even 1% of the British population know him.

Probably more well know in Britain than the US though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Sad but true.

It's similar to the Jeff Lacy thing. They constantly bring it up like it was the greatest thing in the history of the world for Calzaghe to beat him.

Meanwhile most casual American fans had no idea who the hell Jeff Lacy even was. The guy wasn't even a blip on the radar of US boxing history.
          You got that right.

Comment

You got a point there they want him to be lacy soo bad but that’s not happening and the frustration is showing not to mention the fact they’re soo insecure about Joshua lol but let’s let the ole chaps wake up first it’s about 4 am in London right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Deontay Wilder is a likable guy because of his big personality, but even on the forum here you don't see threads praising him because US fans don't respect his skill. If anything, American fans have been pretty unkind to the guy.

But, for the UK fans.... He is Cobra Commander, Gaston, Skeletor, he is the villain that they DESPERATELY need so their heroes can have someone to beat. They have two half decent HW fighters and fans are pleading to god and to the universe that Deontay will get some fans so they can feel that they finally have something to lord over the Americans. For you US fans who don't understand what that means, in some countries, fans rely on athletes who happen to live in the same country to validate them as people.
              Lol .. the irony!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Sad but true.

I can't tell you how many ignorant twats here have tried to shove the Lacy thing in my face, not knowing that Calzaghe was my favorite fighter. Every year I re-watch his dismantling of Jeff Lacy.

I don't give a fuk where someone is from. I like someone's style and mentality, and it turns out those people are Americans, Russians, Africans, Jamaicans, Canadians, Mexicans, EUs, etc. Nationalistic fans can't wrap their minds around that. I don't think they have the mental strength. That's why they just spam the same threads over and over and over and never get bored of it.
                Last edited by Redd Foxx; 03-25-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X