No announcement yet.

Was Mikey Garcia exposed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMTForever99 View Post
    of course he got exposed. he showed that he was not elite. the fight wasn't even competitive.
    Exactly. Instead of making the fight competitive, Mikey went into survival mode after the first three rounds or so.

Which means he either has terrible judgment ("I see something in Spence I can take advantage of!") or lacks the same level of skill that a true elite like Spence has. Both, actually.

I'd feel differently if the fight was sorta competitive.

Mikey was exposed as nowhere near the level of prime Pacquaio or Floyd, for example. Which a few people seem to have thought. But now we know better. Or even Marquez, or Cotto. Mikey is on a lower level than any of those type of guys.
    Last edited by Joe Beamish; 03-20-2019, 01:07 PM.

Comment

People get like that when they see they hero get torched like that.time heals all wounds we live in a sensitive era now a days but they'll get over it lol

Comment

Exposed as being arrogant as f**k, yeah. Also exposed as not being a Welterweight.

Exposed as not being a great fighter? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
          All I keep seeing now is that Garcia fought bums that he was never all that good that he quit on Errol that he was EXPOSED.... do you agree or not????wachugot???

ok go.............................
          He wasn't exposed. We all just found out Spence was a better boxer than him, in addition to being bigger, stronger and faster. This was surprising but in no way means Mikey isn't a great boxer.

This was IMO the same thing we found out when Floyd fought JMM.

Comment

I don't think so. He stretched himself out to thin by going up in a weight that he has not fought before against one of the hardest punchers with technic in the game. In an underwhelming performance and taking so much punishment he made it to the end of the fight. If he stays at the lower weights he can clean out.

Comment

No he's elite at 135,probaly the only fight he might lose in that division is Lomachenko
              He's still good at 140 but not as good as 135 imo

Comment

Slow hands, slow feet, doesnt body punch, doesnt know how to move his head out of the way of a punch. Had to go to war with a mediocre fighter like Lipinets. He is a robotic fighter with no special effects that will get his ass kicked again if he fights any of the top guys at 140(Prograis, Taylor, Hooker, Baranchyk). I fully expect him to cherry pick the rest of his career pretending he is a big money fighter like Canelo.
                Last edited by Mister Wolf; 03-20-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Very interesting takes....

Comment

He wasn't exposed but he was embarrassed. When you go into a fight declaring you saw something about a fighter you can exploit... When you go into a fight claiming to be the better boxer... You CANNOT get shut out and dominated the way he did.

It reminds me of when Shane Mosely moved up to face Winky Wright. I think Shane thought it would be an easy fight for him. Winky made him look humble in both fights.

Mikey got humbled quite a bit in Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric Flair Drip View Post
                      All I keep seeing now is that Garcia fought bums that he was never all that good that he quit on Errol that he was EXPOSED.... do you agree or not????wachugot???

ok go.............................
                      He didn't get exposed. He just got beat up by guy who is the size of Roy Jones fighting in the WW division. At least he fought him. You saw what Spence did to a much bigger, natural WW in Brook.
                      Garcia has balls of steel.

Comment

Working...
                      X