Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Wilders stock gone down after last nights fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
    People now hating on him hard lol. Nobody is now giving him a chance against AJ. People laughing at his lack of boxing abilities, getting dominated by not a fully in shape fury. And he got gifted a draw which was no fault of his own really but he’s getting stick for it.

The AJ/Wilder fight now lost some of its appeal? Cause everyone knows wilder got his ass beat by fury so it doesn’t have that same aura around the fight anymore. I doubt his percentage split has increased for that fight after this.
    Fury skyrocketed

Wilder gone up too but not as much as Fury

AJ looks a bit scared?

Comment

Fury proved he's still the greatest boxer at heavyweight.

Wilder proved he's the most dangerous, and has a great chin.

Let's not forget that before the fight, Fury said he would knockout Wilder.

Ortiz outweighed him by 30 lbs., Fury by 40 lbs., yet Wilder stayed on his feet for 22 rounds.

Comment

His bargaining power is lower but that's not his fault its because people were overhyping him like crazy. But his stock has gone up in my book, he took less shots than i thought he would and he was seconds away from winning the fight. I dont kniw why people are acting so stunned that he got outboxed, have they never watched him fight before? He was exactly the same fighter last night as hes always been

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
          Ehhh, he can't be considered #1 anymore. The fear factor is gone.

But he was part of a very entertaining fight for the second time in a row.
          The fear factor isn't gone, maybe only for Fury. Fury is a special fighter.

If Joshua lands and smothers a lot, Joshua can pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
            Fury proved he's still the greatest boxer at heavyweight.

Wilder proved he's the most dangerous, and has a great chin.

Let's not forget that before the fight, Fury said he would knockout Wilder.

Ortiz outweighed him by 30 lbs., Fury by 40 lbs., yet Wilder stayed on his feet for 22 rounds.
            It's time to change your name to Tyson Fury.

Comment

I thought a fit Fury was clearly the best. I questioned whether this version of Fury could be.

He did something incredible. Up there with Ali and Leonard in terms of comebacks. Maybe even more so when you look at how bad he got. His attitude post fight also marks him as a champion. His press conferences will be attached to this fight forever.

Wilder proved a lot too. Not that he can box, but he's put it on the line in two big fights now and stood up. And he's held power late in fights... that stuff makes champions. Without Ortiz and Fury, Wilder was a nothing champion.

Joshua's team will be spitting today. They had the number one ranked man. The man with most of the belts. And today they're playing third fiddle.

Comment

I think I as Josh is still unbeaten with zero draws, he's prob just edging it with Fury. Its hard to say whether Wilders stock actually went up. I mean we all know hes got better the Ortiz fight proved that.

But Fury was a 27stone cokehead last year and he still nicked that fight imo. The rematch if there is one, will tell alot I think.

Comment

Yes Wilder was outclassed and his best win Ortiz looked garbage too. OVERRATED.

Comment

As Mayweather said...Wilder is one dimensional and if you thought anything more of him before the fight I guess you will think his stock went down. Now you see how he does against a great boxer (who was really having a tune-up fight...albeit at a high level tune-up stage). Imagine how Wilder will look when Fury steps in at full readiness and with even more confidence. Wilder will be the "punchers chance" guy against a fight ready technician. That's the reality of Wilder against the top of the division.
                    Last edited by jaded; 12-02-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Don't get it twisted.

The stock of both men just went up.

And their leverage just went up as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X