Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are boxing fans broke? No one is betting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
    I mean sure you're trolling but I'll bite. It's not just UFC die hards that are picking Conor. And even if it was that's still a lot of people lol

Floyd opened up at like -1000 I think. Who the hell wants to risk 1000 to win $100. It's a dumb bet. Most of the money goes for the underdog. Especially with such a high profile fight and the way Conor speaks. Hell even I wanna believe him sometimes lol he's confident as hell. People buy into and the line has to move.

Idk you but I don't care to bet on any favorite when the odds are 5-1. You expect more casuals to bet on Floyd than Conor? 1 most people dksab. And 2 like I said who wants to bet 1000 to win 100
    Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by The_ultimate View Post
      I just don't trust this event ... the whole thing seems so staged I'm uncomfortable betting any real $$ on it
      Yes I feel the same, and we all know plenty of suspect things have happened in boxing down the years with money being the primary believed motivator.

Mayweather is going to earn in excess of $100million from this fight. If he loses, he'll easily earn even more than $100million in the rematch. Is an extra $100-$150million worth the price of sacrificing a perfect professional boxing record? I hope not, but if I was in his shoes I can imagine there might be some temptation - even though it would be highly illegal behavior and could have very serious repercussions if somehow proven.

Clearly Mayweather doesn't feel like he has enough money yet which is why he himself gambles excessively on sport, he wants to make even more money. And it why he is coming out of retirement to have this fight.

Do I think Mayweather would actually throw this fight to earn another $150million in 4-6 months? I don't think he would, but I certainly wouldn't be willing to risk any of my own money betting on it.

Comment

+250 for FMJ by decision

Better money spent then ordering this corny ppv

Comment

Working...
        X