Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the IBF sanction Spence/Ocampo but not GGG/Vanes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
    How do you make the mandatory due when the guys he was supposed toi fight failed a test? How the **** is that fair to GG? How? And second, you justify that sucka **** so there isn't anything that we even need to talk about anymore. **** the IBF...!!!

That was a ***** move by the IBF and you know it. Convo is over. There isn't anything that you can say that justifies that ***** move.

The IBF rankings are downright felonious...
    Canelo failed and pulled out...SO WHY NOT FIGHT YOUR MANDO??? Then they even allowed the Vanes fight AS LONG AS GGG HANDLED HIS MANDO NEXT......HE DIDN'T

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      Canelo failed and pulled out...SO WHY NOT FIGHT YOUR MANDO??? Then they even allowed the Vanes fight AS LONG AS GGG HANDLED HIS MANDO NEXT......HE DIDN'T
      WTF is wrong with yall!!!???

Larry, they stripped the man for not fighting a guy who had not beaten a top 50 guy, who had an undeserved ranking. They took his title! Foh...

I didn't know that the new rule: if your opponent in a super fight fails a drug test, fight your mando or be stripped. They didn't have Derevyanchenko fight for the right to even become an interim champion. They stripped the man who won his title fair and square in the ring and paid his sanctioning fees. Foh with your lunacy...

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
        I'm confused now.

Ocampo a damn 100/1 underdog. Vanes was 30/1 when I checked on May 2nd.

Meaning Ocampo winning will be the biggest upset in boxing history. Finally eclipsing Tyson/Douglass.

and this mofo is a mandatory. How?

the IBF gotta explain this. I supported the stripping because Vanes had no damn business in that ring. but neither does Ocampo.
        Nas, it’s called rankings! Lol

Comment

WTF is wrong with yall!!!???

Larry, they stripped the man for not fighting a guy who had not beaten a top 50 guy, who had an undeserved ranking. They took his title! Foh...

I didn't know that the new rule: if your opponent in a super fight fails a drug test, fight your mando or be stripped. They didn't have Derevyanchenko fight for the right to even become an interim champion. They stripped the man who won his title fair and square in the ring and paid his sanctioning fees. Foh with your lunacy...
          Honestly, IBF doesn’t eff around like the rest of the ABC organizations...they don’t play the “interim “ game as hard as the rest

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
            Honestly, IBF doesn’t eff around like the rest of the ABC organizations...they don’t play the “interim “ game as hard as the rest
            **** their rules. Not coming at you. **** the IBF.
            This is why we don't need these orgs anymore. That's why i use my own criteria when calling a fighter a champion. This is why I still stick to my lineal argument.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              Didn’t they strip G before the fight with Clenelo was agreed too? Honestly Larry, if I had been training for a short orthodox, I wouldn’t wanna fight a southpaw on that short of notice. Not trying to excuse Vanes as an opponent, but you feel me. You would want to have time to get southies in to spar and switch strategies at least. Just saying

Comment

**** their rules. Not coming at you. **** the IBF.
                This is why we don't need these orgs anymore. That's why i use my own criteria when calling a fighter a champion. This is why I still stick to my lineal argument.
                Oh I feel you bro. It is what it is though. Too bad our opinions don’t help or effect the damn rankings. I think the IBF has the schitty ist rankings around, without a doubt

Comment

How do you make the mandatory due when the guys he was supposed toi fight failed a test?
                  Two mandatories were due. The WBC and the IBF. The WBC went first. When that fight is canceled, GGG isn't suddenly entitled to a voluntary. He has to fight the IBF mandatory. Very simple.

Comment

But Redd, not coming at you, but who in the hell has he beat? Jorge Paez Jr...!!!???
                    You're saying that as if I'm trying to sell Ocampo as a good opponent. I just said hes' not a good opponent. I'm strictly speaking on what was said about sanctioning and Vanes. It's not the same situation at all. I even defended Vanes as a last minute deal. But, I don't think Spence needs to be slammed over taking his mando or that Ocampo is as bad as a guy who didn't fight in 2 years, was from a smaller weight class, has several losses, etc.

I'm not bashing either guy over these fights but I think the thread feels like, "I'm going to try to seem fair so I'll give Spence a hard time too."

Comment

Alphabet title rankings suck, we all know this. GGG fans were blind to this while GGG was going through his mandatory fight reign and everyone else was displeased with his opponents. I don't care to see Spence vs Ocampo but at least Spence is 28 years old and not 35 fighting bum after bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X