Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Bernard Hopkins have the best resume of wins for any active fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirusTI View Post
    Pacman easily has a better Resume. Roy Jones is still active has 2 ATG wins and titles in middle, super middle, LH, heavyweight and LH again. Mayweather is right there with B-hop, because he has not lost to anybody. Hell, Froch may have as good of a resume as Bhop, he actually beat Taylor, beat the fresher Pascal, and has fought an extremely high level of competition, and I dont even like Froch.

I know B-hop is a legend, but his resume is not that deep in terms of greatness, as he has a bunch of losses.
    Pacquiao has a bunch of losses too.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      pacquaio does then hopkins
      oh hell naw

Comment

No, that award goes to Pacquiao. B-hop's definitely in the top 5 though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
          Do you think pacquiao can fight on an elite level for as long as Bernard hopkins. Does pacquiao have 20 consecutive straight successful world title defenses, No. Has hopkins ever been put to sleep in any of his fights, No. Pacquiao should have 7 losses. Currently has 5. Add the other 3 Marquez fights to his loss record, Subtract the Bradley loss. It would make him 58-7-1. Both records are astounding. Hopkins Record should be 57-5-2. Turn that calzaghe loss into a win, he was robbed against Calzaghe.
          there are very big flaws in how you address the thread...

you say based on resume....

then you question the resume of other fighters...so others question the resume of bhop...

you resort to "should"....what kind of an argument regarding resume contain "should"?

and to quote you....

"Do you think pacquiao can fight on an elite level for as long as Bernard hopkins"

here you want answer on a question only the future can answer...

for me pac's resume stood far above the others active fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
            I mean, I support Pacquiao but people need to look at both sides

Comment

Manny and Floyd both have better resumes, but it's very close..

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                Hatton wasn't that good, Pacquiaos fights vs Marquez should all be defeats, who the hell is ledwaba and who the hell is solis. Hopkins did not beat dawson but if they rematched today, Hopkins would win. You are forgetting John David Jackson as one of Hopkins opponents.
                Hatton was the leading 140lb champion of his generation, Pac stopped him in 2.

It doesn't matter what you think about the JMM fights, Pac has won 2, officially the first fight should have been a win for him and not a draw but one of the judges gave the first round 10-7 rather than 10-6. YOu can hate on Pac all you want but those are exceptional wins.

If you don't know Ledwaba, you should watch more boxing.

Jackson was...lol

My bad about Dawson, that just makes it a much bigger runaway victory for Pacquiao then.

Also, I wasn't looking at the positions of various fighters when they were beat, just the most iconic names on each guys resume as a win. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned RJJ for Hopkins lol That guy was shot to pieces 10 years before.

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                mosley is not an ATG. im not sure about tito either.
                Mosley can be a doubt, personally I wouldn't like to rate him for his admitted PED use but you can't argue with Tito, the most physically dominant ww of his generation, multiple title belts in multiple divisions. Come on.

Comment

Working...
                X