Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After this fight, Ward will be back on BET

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      No to mention Walters Would be lucky to sell 500 tickets by himself.

I'm excited to see Ward back in the ring, but I Kniw he will quickly remind me of how terrible his fights usually are.
      The number of tickets sold means nothing to HBO. If tickets meant anything they wouldn't have shown the last 3 Tim Bradley fights or Kovalev's fight last July. This is an investment in Ward and they hope to get a return with a Ward/Kovalev PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I understand the why's. I just think on average guys should be paid more for good fights vs top guys, in particular this fight between Loma & Walters, than bs fights that may lead somewhere in 8 months, in particular this fight between Ward & Barrera. Barrera has done nothing in boxing. Ward hasn't done anything in years. Again I understand how the economics of this works for HBO its just a lil effed up sometimes in particular this time when I see a good fight being bypassed over a relative small sum of money.
        If Barrera wins he's Kovalev's mandatory. They have more invested in Barrera than Loma or Walters. I agree that Loma-Walters will be a great fight. I wanna see that fight. Something is going on at HBO but the person with the info would rather rehash old articles about PBC.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
          Something is going on at HBO but the person with the info would rather rehash old articles about PBC.
          I think we all know whats happening at HBO Boxing. Its getting smaller & smaller. Although oddly enough they do got a lot of P4P guys right now to their benefit.

Anyone can write about it. Hauser works for HBO & writes about PBC without inside info. Some guy who works freelance or for someone else can easily write a article going in on HBO if they choose to.

Comment

The number of tickets sold means nothing to HBO. If tickets meant anything they wouldn't have shown the last 3 Tim Bradley fights or Kovalev's fight last July. This is an investment in Ward and they hope to get a return with a Ward/Kovalev PPV.
            Boxing fans know and care about Bradley and kovalov.

Go try to headline Walters by himself and you'll see just how little anyone cares About him based on ratings/ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I think we all know whats happening at HBO Boxing. Its getting smaller & smaller. Although oddly enough they do got a lot of P4P guys right now to their benefit.

Anyone can write about it. Hauser works for HBO & writes about PBC without inside info. Some guy who works freelance or for someone else can easily write a article going in on HBO if they choose to.
              I think they're dropping the ball. There were articles written about PBC based on a god damn Reddit post. Everybody knows HBO budget is diminishing. There are even financial records to back it up because Time Warner is a publicly traded company, unlike PBC. But the boxing media is so busy kissing Nelson's ass & rooting him on because he's a former boxing writer. lol Just like with this GGG & Gonzalez not being tested by VADA and nobody brings it up. But when the WBC said all their title fights would be VADA tested everybody praised VADA & the WBC. Two WBC title fights on the same card, no tests and nothing is said.

Comment

I think they're dropping the ball. There were articles written about PBC based on a god damn Reddit post. Everybody knows HBO budget is diminishing. There are even financial records to back it up because Time Warner is a publicly traded company, unlike PBC. But the boxing media is so busy kissing Nelson's ass & rooting him on because he's a former boxing writer.
                Idk about Nelson getting his ass kissed. I think one of HBO's mainstays over the years, Arum, has been busting his balls & beyond that no one really says much about him.

lol Just like with this GGG & Gonzalez not being tested by VADA and nobody brings it up. But when the WBC said all their title fights would be VADA tested everybody praised VADA & the WBC. Two WBC title fights on the same card, no tests and nothing is said.
                No one, fans + promoters + HBO + Showtime + PBC, really gives a f#ck about stopping PED usage. Its counterproductive to them making money & enjoying fights. Everyone would prefer the honor system with PED usage I think. I can't fault any particular group over PED **** when so many are half assing PED testing & suspensions when caught.

Comment

looks like ward handed barrera $150k from his own purse

Comment

Lol they offered this much for Ward vs Barrera but not for Loma vs Walters?

Comment

Nicholas Walters should change promoters!

Comment

Working...
                      X