Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is marciano's win over Joe Louis underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GJC View Post
    Why does race always rear it's head in these threads. The strength of boxing is the multi racial aspect of it. No race is excluded in boxings hall of fame. The strength of this site is a English fossil like me can have a good natured difference of opinion with a 18yo black lad in America. Saddens me to see some use this site and boxing in general to advance a poisonous agenda.
    Because TS is a racist troll,like BS said he doesnt get the answer he wanted so he starts crying and accusing everybody of hating white fighters,he is the tunney of the history section and im sure he will be banned soon

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      Louis wasnt the force he was for sure but I would equate him more with Ali v Spinks rather than Ali v Holmes if you get my meaning? Not totally shot but a shadow of what he was, a still dangerous shadow though. Bivins has been mentioned but he was a good 5 years past best too.

Bivins cracked the top 10 later, after getting beaten by Louis. Savold was a durable man, he took Marciano's best before quiting in stool. Louis knocked him out, I thought that he should get credit for it.

Yea, I agree Louis was not his old self. He was still a good contender with solid fundamentals and a good jab. Yea, he was not the great champ he once was. His work rate has diminished but he was not exactly a push over.

Having made a short answer long I agree with you mostly. I rank this as a good win for MArciano but not a great one.

This has happened in boxing time and again, the young over throwing the old eventually.

Comment

I suppose Gerry Cooney wins over Jimmy Young, Ron Lyle and Ken Norton are also overrated.

Comment

Marciano's win over Louis pretty much means nothing considering Louis was shot.

Comment

Originally posted by tyger View Post
            I suppose Gerry Cooney wins over Jimmy Young, Ron Lyle and Ken Norton are also overrated.
            Had they have been 5 years earlier they would have been great wins.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Marciano's win over Louis pretty much means nothing considering Louis was shot.
              Why do you hate reality?

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                Why do you hate reality?
                Why can't you debate reality instead of being stuck in your fantasy ?.

Louis was shot no getting past that, people have said in here that it was still a good win but it wasn't the Louis that he used to be and that much is clear, are you trying to say that the Louis he beat wasn't past it ?.

You haven't even tried debating your point at all in this thread, all you've said is that it's better then people think and to defend the claim you say people hate 'reality' or they hate 'white boxers' if they disagree with you.

Bring more to the table or just stop baiting people, it's embarrassing.

Comment

I never heard of a shot fighter that won 8 fights in a row (after losing a decision to a LHW GOAT) and K.O'd 2 top 10 boxers while doing so.

I already said it wasn't a prime joe louis. Saying he was "shot" is WRONG, joe louis at the time was a top 3 HW

Comment

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
                    Bivins cracked the top 10 later, after getting beaten by Louis. Savold was a durable man, he took Marciano's best before quiting in stool. Louis knocked him out, I thought that he should get credit for it.
                    That surprises me that Bivins cracked top 10 after the Louis fight, always thought the fight was a bit of an eliminator for both of them. Shame fight was 7 or 8 years too late. Yeah Savold was a tough cookie, hell he even nicked a verdict off of Baksi

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                      I never heard of a shot fighter that won 8 fights in a row (after losing a decision to a LHW GOAT) and K.O'd 2 top 10 boxers while doing so.

I already said it wasn't a prime joe louis. Saying he was "shot" is WRONG, joe louis at the time was a top 3 HW
                      There are degrees of shot, I don't think Louis was totally shot and I stick by my example of Spinks Ali as opposed to Holmes Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X