Collapse
No announcement yet.

Williams versus Liston, how to deal with speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve followed and studied the sport since 1970. You? Liston has been called a poor mans Joe Louis for many decades. Liston lacked all the nuances that make a great fighter. He also gave up the most important prize in all of sport sitting on his stool. Liston lacked the determination, will to win, heart that earmarks a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
      Liston has been called a poor mans Joe Louis for many decades.
      He has? Can you provide a link to an article, where it says that?

Comment

I’ve followed and studied the sport since 1970. You? Liston has been called a poor mans Joe Louis for many decades. Liston lacked all the nuances that make a great fighter. He also gave up the most important prize in all of sport sitting on his stool. Liston lacked the determination, will to win, heart that earmarks a great fighter.
        I second Bundana's request. And if it was said 1000 times by the best boxing analyst with the IQ of Bobby Chaz...Its a stupid thing to say because Liston does not even fight like Louis! And your other comment about using the same punches is equally silly.

I think you contribute a lot to the section and don't want to minimize that but... I have said some stupid things at times, and when I get called on it and realize it, I own it. You can't just make a stupid statement like that and not own it...

Comment

I was a very bright kid and in 1970 I was 6 years old, and followed the heavyweights, was in conversation with my father who was a fan so learned about Louis and Marine Corp boxing lore....So your years of expertize do not dwarf me! I started training in martial arts at 13 by the way.

So you cannot pull rank.

Comment

Working...
          X