Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we about to see greatness from Loma now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYG View Post
    I mean, what else can he really do? Teofimo was the better fighter and he won fair. Loma can rewatch the fight and maybe correct a few mistakes he thinks he made and that's about it. I don't think Loma is going to go on some amazing KO streak just because he lost to a good fighter. Sometimes it just happens and you just need to move on and fix what went wrong.
    True. I just wonder how much complacency in him and his camp plays a role since he has been relatively dominant.

One thing is for sure. All the young and seasoned fighters out there want Loma now. He used to fight with a Jesus like aura where his opponents respected him too much.

I feel like that aura was smashed. And now we will see The best out of his future opponents. Will Loma be able to add wrinkles to his game at this stage? Time will tell.

Comment

A guy like this who don't lose often..... IDK about greatness.... But he gonna step his game up in some way.

People hating so much they disregarding who the guy is and what he really made of...

Comment

I'm sure Loma will have a couple very good fights , gets the belts back and retires

Comment

Originally posted by Punch on Tap View Post
          True. I just wonder how much complacency in him and his camp plays a role since he has been relatively dominant.

One thing is for sure. All the young and seasoned fighters out there want Loma now. He used to fight with a Jesus like aura where his opponents respected him too much.

I feel like that aura was smashed. And now we will see The best out of his future opponents. Will Loma be able to add wrinkles to his game at this stage? Time will tell.
          That's a good point. Other fighters might not look at him the same way but to be honest, i think that will be their mistake. Loma is still Loma and a night where the other guy got the better of you doesn't change that. He's still a great fighter but sometimes, hunger and dedication can beat skills and style. I would hope Loma tries to improve regardless, win or loss. Same for any fighter

Comment

Nobody at those lower weights gets better at 32. Historically, most are fading by then

We’ve seen the best of Loma. He won’t get any better. He will either plateau or fade.

Comment

Originally posted by Punch on Tap View Post
              Thanks for answering the question like an adult. I happen to agree with you. I think there are a few things to consider in addition to his boxing mileage.

I was listening to Robert Garcia and he pretty much said the Lomas camp needs to have Loma train like a fighter instead of all that “juggling ****.” He even suggested that he has sparring partners that come in to just get beat up instead of helping Loma develop further.
              Yeah I understand juggling and it pertaining to hand eye coordination but that can only take you so far. Sparring partners are key in a training camp especially if you replicate your opponent. As far as the answering like an adult a few people on her will do that but some are beyond knowing what an adult is Lol

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Nobody at those lower weights gets better at 32. Historically, most are fading by then

We’ve seen the best of Loma. He won’t get any better. He will either plateau or fade.
                You’re right. Historically the smaller guys don’t have that long lasting peak like we see with some of the higher weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG View Post
                  I mean, what else can he really do? Teofimo was the better fighter and he won fair. Loma can rewatch the fight and maybe correct a few mistakes he thinks he made and that's about it. I don't think Loma is going to go on some amazing KO streak just because he lost to a good fighter. Sometimes it just happens and you just need to move on and fix what went wrong.
                  He did fix what went wrong. Haven't you been keeping up with the news. His surgeon fixed it, which is what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post

People hating so much they disregarding who the guy is and what he really made of...
                    I really haven't been around much at all lately, I like only pop in a few times a year after some fight, but damn I'm really kinda stunned at the sheer vitriol against Lomachenko. I had no idea he was disliked by this many people on this board. Is it his fan base? Is it him? The reason so many people here hate him? Loma seems like a stand up guy to me and he has shown that he's willing to fight anybody, so I don't really understand the pure hate. Lol it's like people are celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden or something (him losing the other night).

Anyway to answer the thread question -- he's still an elite level fighter despite some of the ridiculous things that are being said around here, so it wouldn't surprise me. That said I don't know if he's that type of fighter, you know? Like someone mentioned he's not the sort of boxer that's going to go on some spectacular KO streak. He's a pure technician. And he'll be 33 the next time he enters the ring. Idk, man. He probably has a handful of years left of his prime if he's lucky so he would need to get started ASAP, and he'd have to get on a run of convincingly beating a lot of top shelf opponents. And fortunately for him, there's a lot of top shelf opponents out there for him.

Problem is the way he looked the other night beating any one of them would be a tall task (not that he couldn't beat these guys but it certainly looks much tougher now than it did a few weeks ago)
                    Last edited by Mike D; 10-21-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

He’s Howard Davis. It’s over for him. He will continue to look good against C level opposition but guys like Haney, Lopez and tank fux him up.

Comment

Working...
                      X