No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder in camp back in August

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder in camp back in August

A tweet from close teammate Tay Jones confirming Wilder will be back in camp for the rematch August 15th. He did delete the tweet later but I managed to screenshot it.

https://ibb.co/mN0THvs

starting on day 1 they should have Wilder watch "how to jab" videos on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
      starting on day 1 they should have Wilder watch "how to jab" videos on youtube
      Wilder has (or had) a very good jab. Was one of the only punches that was textbook. he just doesn't use it anymore. Don't think he's really used it since he won the title.

It's literally how he won a bronze medal in the olympics though. He jabbed for three minutes.

Comment

His jab was never as good as Tyson Fury's. Fury's jab was able to help neutralize his jab. Wilder needs several knockdowns and a knockout, in order to defeat Tyson Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Wilder has (or had) a very good jab. Was one of the only punches that was textbook. he just doesn't use it anymore. Don't think he's really used it since he won the title.

It's literally how he won a bronze medal in the olympics though. He jabbed for three minutes.
          Everybody forgets he won a bronze medal in the Olympics. That's not exactly something they give to just anybody.

Comment

Lol looks like he got a lil too excited about it & made to delete it.

Interesting news & I'm guessing this means the fight is gonna be in November.

Comment

Yeah Fury complimented his use of the double jab after the rematch. Wilder just needs to use it to set up his power punches instead of telegraphing them.

“I felt like Deontay’s jab had improved, and he did take his time more, like he said he would,” Fury said. “Yeah, and he was using his jab quite well, actually. I was very impressed with his double-jab that he was using. And credit to his team for applying that in this fight, because when you’ve got two giant guys, I think the jab is very important. It sets everything up”

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Lol looks like he got a lil too excited about it & made to delete it.

Interesting news & I'm guessing this means the fight is gonna be in November.
                December. Spence-Garcia just got announced for Nov 21.

I'd say Dec 19th.

Comment

Good. Time for him to go back t'werk

See what I did there? Hahahhha.

Wilder is the joke of heavyweight boxing now and for guys praising him for getting a bronze medal, you do realize that's third place right?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    His jab was never as good as Tyson Fury's. Fury's jab was able to help neutralize his jab. Wilder needs several knockdowns and a knockout, in order to defeat Tyson Fury.
                    Pretty much this.

Wilder won't throw the jab even if it is his only other punch because compared to Fury, his jab is very basic. Fury was eating him alive with counters and jabbing first, its a slow excruciating death to have Fury jab your face off for 12 rounds, so he'd rather swing for the fences.

His 1-2 just isn't good enough. It isn't fast and crisp enough, Fury will see it coming and counter it or get out of the way every time. He doesn't put much behind it and he doesn't throw it from different angles and looks.

Comment

Working...
                    X