No announcement yet.

(Video) The Truth About Muhammad Ali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
    This is not necessarily my own opinion, I'm just posting this to provide some ideas for discussion here.

The Truth About Muhammad Ali

Its quite the irony here. Stephon is a smart guy, I listen to him regularly, but not nearly as smart as he thinks he is...and then he wants to bite off something he really can't chew...Molinoux knows not about boxing! and his analysis of Ali has about as much credability as Nixon's analysis of an honest man.

This is a man who claims to be such an IQ devotee and does not get that intelligence always under performs the mean, that motivation would enable an IQ of 80 to pretty much master the curriculum available to most college bound students in High School...Its not race baldy its MOTIVATION! When you such smart self gonna figure that out?

Oh almost forgot: Ali came up in a time when a militant response was not necessarily out of order. People often forget that. This is a country that was more than happy as of Ali's childhood years, to segregate blacks and then ask them to fight their nationalist wars. That is where Ali shined: He had the courage of his convictions and gave his best years away because he didn't believe in killing people for what was a rascist, evil government.

When Ali spoke out not only did other blacks call him names, but the entire sports network, with the exception of a Jew named Cossell, damned him to hell. It seems to me that accusing a man like this of throwing a fight is ironick at best. Ali was not a brain surgeon, he was charismatic and had what so many lack today...the courage to live by his convictions. Stephon Molinaux has no concept of that imo. He operates on the mental plane, pure and simple.
    Last edited by billeau2; 08-31-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I think Muhammad was a well-meaning sort who got caught up with people that, in some ways, he had no business being with. They manipulated him to varying degrees. And even though his stand against Vietnam should be applauded, he had no business putting down Joe Frazier, who helped him out in rough times. That was truly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
        I think Muhammad was a well-meaning sort who got caught up with people that, in some ways, he had no business being with. They manipulated him to varying degrees. And even though his stand against Vietnam should be applauded, he had no business putting down Joe Frazier, who helped him out in rough times. That was truly wrong.
        Good post.
        You can't just pigeonhole Clay....

But I'm sure there is one thing we can all agree on.
        Marciano would have kicked the sh'it out of him!
        AMIRITE???

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
          The relationship between Clay and Frazier is one of those things that would take a lifetime to deconstruct. Clay was at times mean spirited for sure, but there were other things that were part of the exchange involving Frazier. For example, Ali was very angry that white people, a group he advocated segregating at the time, often applauded his activism....meanwhile his fellow Black Fighters in Ali's opinion uncle tommed him. Mimicking a gorilla and pickinini was a way for Ali to claim a privalege of being more light skinned and to task Frazier with his lack of support.

Ali was cruel at times lol. I think later in life he probably felt bad about things he said to Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
            The relationship between Clay and Frazier is one of those things that would take a lifetime to deconstruct. Clay was at times mean spirited for sure, but there were other things that were part of the exchange involving Frazier. For example, Ali was very angry that white people, a group he advocated segregating at the time, often applauded his activism....meanwhile his fellow Black Fighters in Ali's opinion uncle tommed him. Mimicking a gorilla and pickinini was a way for Ali to claim a privalege of being more light skinned and to task Frazier with his lack of support.

Ali was cruel at times lol. I think later in life he probably felt bad about things he said to Frazier.
            i think it has more to do with him getting brainwashed by the noi, watch his interviews before he joined them. he was extremely calm and relaxed. i think he felt intimidated by them and let his anger/stress out on frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
              i think it has more to do with him getting brainwashed by the noi, watch his interviews before he joined them. he was extremely calm and relaxed. i think he felt intimidated by them and let his anger/stress out on frazier.

That's a hell of a lot of assumptions in your bizarre story....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                When you really delve into the history of the NOI it becomes apparent that it was founded by a white con man, who later claimed he was a light skinned middle easterner, who was a known criminal, grifter and drug dealer. It then goes to Elijah Muhammad who I also believe was a charlatan that only used the NOI to enrich himself. Same goes for his son, Herbert. No better than dirt bags such as Jesse Jackson, etc.
                Wallace Fard Muhammad was an Indian Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
                  Wallace Fard Muhammad was an Indian Muslim.

He had used 58 aliases, according to the FBI. The FBI in the 1950s launched an investigation into Fard’s biography as a result of skyrocketing membership into NOI. They found he had filed in the U.S. Census of 1920 that he was white and his place of birth was New Zealand. Furthermore, Fard listed on his son’s birth certificate that he was white.
                  Article Link

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                    I posted a picture of him because it's clear to see he was south Asian. He also was known for his anti-Hindu rhetoric, which would back up the idea he was an Indian Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
                      I posted a picture of him because it's clear to see he was south Asian. He also was known for his anti-Hindu rhetoric, which would back up the idea he was an Indian Muslim.
                      Well, what I posted was more to the point that he often claimed to be that which he hated. He was a snake and a con man. Nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                      X