Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building body strength without weights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building body strength without weights?

I know of

Press ups
    Dips
    Bridges
    Squats
    Pull ups
    Calf Raises

What else is there? Im strictly looking for no weight exercises due to gym access and no money for equipment

Also, how many reps and sets is the limit for each exercise?

Appreciate it people

http://beastskills.com/tutorials.htm
    http://beastskills.com/OneArmPushup.htm
    http://beastskills.com/Pistol.htm

Comment

One legged squats
      Burpees
      Jumping squats
      Plank
      Scissor Kicks

if you have a sledge hammer lying around..and you can find a big tire..use that sledge hamme to swing and hit the tire.

Too lazy to post more..maybe later

Comment

if you search for bodyweight routine youll come up with alot of results.

for example
        http://strengthtraining.suite101.com..._to_do_at_home

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
          if you search for bodyweight routine youll come up with alot of results.

for example
          http://strengthtraining.suite101.com..._to_do_at_home
          if you've ever had any experience with a kettlebell you should look into that thoroughly. I swear by it along with my calisthenics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
            if you've ever had any experience with a kettlebell you should look into that thoroughly. I swear by it along with my calisthenics.
            I have been hearing alot about kettlebells lately because i want to give up my gym membership because all those cable machines are useless in my opinion you just get bigger and slower, but not stronger in any area except when you use that machine.

At the boxing gym though they suggested using a kettlebell but the only ones thre are 16kg and i only weigh 51kg so there wasnt much i could do with it hahahaha

Comment

I've been using kettlebells for a long time now and have seen alot with them. They aren't meant to get you huge unlike other weights. They build strength and get you ripped. I've seen a 57kg guy toy around with 80kg kettlebells like childsplay. I'm not suggesting you do that but it's definitely possible with hardwork and if you start off slow and intelligently, and with kettlebells I cannot express how important correct form is. You can easily throw your back out or hurt yourself in some other crazy way. 16kgs shouldn't be too bad. Start off with less and consistently and you'll soon look at the 16kg like a toy. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ElHuracan View Post
                I've been using kettlebells for a long time now and have seen alot with them. They aren't meant to get you huge unlike other weights. They build strength and get you ripped. I've seen a 57kg guy toy around with 80kg kettlebells like childsplay. I'm not suggesting you do that but it's definitely possible with hardwork and if you start off slow and intelligently, and with kettlebells I cannot express how important correct form is. You can easily throw your back out or hurt yourself in some other crazy way. 16kgs shouldn't be too bad. Start off with less and consistently and you'll soon look at the 16kg like a toy. Hope this helps.
                Thanks heaps ill jump on ebay now get myself a 16kg one and a little excercise notebook hahaha.

Green k sent =]

Comment

Yeah, check out YouTube; they have tons of videos up. Also, check out dragondoor.com which is a comprehensive website all about kettlebells and it's pros and surprising little to no cons if any...perhaps that you can hurt yourself without proper form. And to the original TS I apologize for the thread hijack but since you posted on building strength without weights I thought i should inform you of kettlebells and how they're unlike any other weight which is designed to not get you big but provide extreme cardiovascular and muscular endurance training that shreds your body and builds strength and explosive power. Yea yes I sound like a salesman but I just have to post on how personally I've seen a great improvement overall and would never give up this tool in my entire life. Hope this helps. Peace.

Comment

i agree with elhuracan when i used to do thai boxing kettle bell sets were mega !!! also if you have a decent weighted medicine ball you can squat and throw it up against a wall catch it squat repeat etc etc thats another good exercise.

Comment

Working...
                    X