No announcement yet.

Chuck Liddell suspended indefinitely after KO loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Liddell suspended indefinitely after KO loss

Chuck Liddell may have competed for the final time.

“The Iceman” was suspended indefinitely by the California State Athletic Commission in the aftermath of his trilogy fight against Tito Ortiz, according to the commission’s finalized medical suspension report which was released Wednesday to MMA Fighting. Liddell headlined a list of nine fighters to receive lengthy medical suspensions.

Competing for the first time since 2010, Liddell suffered a brutal first-round knockout loss at the hands of Ortiz in last Saturday’s Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 main event. The 48-year-old fighter has been knocked out in grisly fashion in each of his last four fights dating back to 2008. He will now be required to apply for his indefinite suspension to be lifted by California state commission officials if he hopes to fight again in North America.

Liddell vs. Ortiz 3 took place Nov. 24 at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif. The night’s main card aired live on pay-per-view and served as the debut mixed martial arts offering from Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions.

A complete list of Liddell vs. Ortiz 3’s medical suspensions can be seen below.

Chuck Liddell: Suspended indefinitely, see California commission; minimum suspension of 45 days no contest, 30 days no contact due to KO loss

Tito Ortiz: Suspended 180 days or until cleared by physician for possible fracture to left shoulder, left knee

Efrain Escudero: Suspended 180 days or until cleared by physician for possible fracture to right hand

Gleison Tibau: Suspended 60 days or until cleared by physician for laceration to left eyelid; recommend fight weight of at least 165lbs.

Walel Watson: Suspended 45 days no contest, 30 days no contact with no exception due to KO loss

Abert Morales: Suspended 45 days no contest, 30 days no contact with no exception due to hard bout

Joe Roye: Suspended 180 days or until cleared by physician for possible fracture to left foot #5 digital toe

Craig Wilkerson: Suspended 180 days or until cleared by physician for possible fracture to left leg, left eardrum; minimum suspension of 45 days no contest, 30 days no contact due to hard bout

Dave Terrel: Suspended 180 days or until cleared by physician for possible fracture to right jaw; minimum suspension of 45 days no contest, 30 days no contact due to hard bout

Good. Nobody should give Liddell a license ever again. I don't know why so many of these guys have to wait until they're 50 to finally realize they're finally done and don't have it anymore. Chuck has already done some acting. He can probably train fighters at his gym. Just do some other things to make a living, rather than getting punched out.

How was this whole card overall, by the way anyway?

Comment

Liddell will end up fighting in Russia.

Comment

They should have never granted the license in the first place.

And let's be real, this is all symbolic anyway. After that farce, which I'm pretty sure few paid for, no one was going to pay to see Liddell fight again.

Comment

Was a mistake to return to the octagon in the first place for Liddell, he was a talented fighter in his earlier days but now this a wise move by the athletic commission suspending him indefinitely. Sadly it probably won’t stop him trying to compete else where unless he decides to retire again.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
            Was a mistake to return to the octagon in the first place for Liddell, he was a talented fighter in his earlier days but now this a wise move by the athletic commission suspending him indefinitely. Sadly it probably won’t stop him trying to compete else where unless he decides to retire again.
            what i've been syaing.. he was up 2-0 against ortiz. now he's gonna have to live with the ko loss. sometimes this can effect a fighter mentally knowing that they cant do anything about it since they are too old now so they have to live with that loss.
            Last edited by IceTrayDaGang; 12-03-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .WesternChamp. View Post
              what i've been syaing.. he was up 2-0 against ortiz. now he's gonna have to live with the ko loss. sometimes this can effect a fighter mentally knowing that they cant do anything about it since they are too old now so they have to live with that loss.
              I suppose so it is after all getting out before the damage sets in too deep even before he retired Liddell was losing his previous fights by KO but I guess maybe he wanted some fights to win then retire again on a good note.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                They should have never granted the license in the first place.

And let's be real, this is all symbolic anyway. After that farce, which I'm pretty sure few paid for, no one was going to pay to see Liddell fight again.
                ^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                X