No announcement yet.

Verdejo KO (video link)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
    25 and 4 and 14kos.....much better record than what Giftanelo was fighting at his 14th fight.
    The guy Canelo fought in his 14th fight was 22W-8L. That guy had fought Miguel Angel Gonzalez, Marco Antonio Rubio, Saul Roman, Orlando Lora, and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. before Canelo, so he was a pretty good test. Oh, and Canelo was 17 years old.

Verdejo's great opponent Sergio Villanueva got 15 of his 26 wins against fighters making their debut or fighters with zero wins, .

At the age Verdejo is right now (21), Canelo had already beat Carlos Baldomir, Lovemore Ndou, Matthew Hatton for his first world title, and then defended it against Ryan Rhodes.

I get it though, you're excited.

Comment

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
      The guy Canelo fought in his 14th fight was 22W-8L. That guy had fought Miguel Angel Gonzalez, Marco Antonio Rubio, Saul Roman, Orlando Lora, and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. before Canelo, so he was a pretty good test. Oh, and Canelo was 17 years old.

Verdejo's great opponent Sergio Villanueva got 15 of his 26 wins against fighters making their debut or fighters with zero wins, .

At the age Verdejo is right now (21), Canelo had already beat Carlos Baldomir, Lovemore Ndou, Matthew Hatton for his first world title, and then defended it against Ryan Rhodes.

I get it though, you're excited.
      Good, great way to support your argument with some good info.

On the other hand, Canelo has been a pro for 5 years at age 21, Verdejo has one year as a pro.

Comment

25 and 4 and 14kos.....much better record than what Giftanelo was fighting at his 14th fight.

giftnelo?

which canelo fight was a robbery? do you even know what a robbery in boxing is?

canelo was 15 years old when he debuted. i understand that you've probably got some sort of nationalistic bias motivating your posts, but at least try to limit how silly you sound.

Comment

On the other hand, Canelo has been a pro for 5 years at age 21, Verdejo has one year as a pro.

great way to buttf#ck me by using one or two clicks of the boxrec

at least you're willing to be sat down on his knee and taught some things.

sometimes, you just need to shut up and learn.

Comment

If u dont see his talent u dont know chit about boxing. Go hate some other place.

#WarVerdejo

Comment

Yes good info is good. Here's some more info, Verdejo has been a pro since October 2012 which is two years as a pro.

It's also good to know Alvarez turned pro at 15 and had little to no amateur experience, while Verdejo was a decorated Olympian with extensive experience in the amateur ranks. But let's pretend Canelo wasn't going through puberty while he was debuting as a pro.

Comment

Another thread derailed by hate and stupid comparisons! So typical from NSB!

Comment

Nastly little KO there... very nice!

Comment

OooooWeeeeeh!!! What a shot! I love this kid, genuinely excited about him, time to step it up now doe

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      OooooWeeeeeh!!! What a shot! I love this kid, genuinely excited about him, time to step it up now doe

kid has tools.

i also hear he's working on that english. he's good looking, marketable in a void that will be left when cotto retires, and he can fight.

he's the most promising prospect in boxing, IMO. wassn't sold on his pow at first, but then he started croaking dudes

Comment

Working...
                      X