Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighting amatuer with dad as trainer??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting amatuer with dad as trainer??

Are there any books,seminars,videos, etc. that my dad could get to help him in training me?? The only experience he has in boxing is being a fan, he knows it well just not from a training perspective. I trained for a few years with a really good local trainer but he moved away and I live in a small town with no other gyms at all outside of MMA. I never had time to actually compete in high school because I played 3 sports and boxing was a way to stay in great shape. Now at age 20 I want to get started before it's too late. I'm working on getting a job within the next year with my degree in a bigger city with legit gyms but for now this is my only option. Any suggestions for ways to help me train without an actual trainer? Thanks for any help.

Does he at least know the basics?

Well, Joe Calzaghe's dad trained him and he was a musician with very little knowledge of the sport.

Comment

a good fathers day present to dad would be by showing him respect and doing yourself a favor by getting another trainer. he can still be an advisor but starting out you need someone that can teach you the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by maris61 View Post
        Are there any books,seminars,videos, etc. that my dad could get to help him in training me?? The only experience he has in boxing is being a fan, he knows it well just not from a training perspective. I trained for a few years with a really good local trainer but he moved away and I live in a small town with no other gyms at all outside of MMA. I never had time to actually compete in high school because I played 3 sports and boxing was a way to stay in great shape. Now at age 20 I want to get started before it's too late. I'm working on getting a job within the next year with my degree in a bigger city with legit gyms but for now this is my only option. Any suggestions for ways to help me train without an actual trainer? Thanks for any help.
        If your dad is too demanding, there is a high chance (roy jones's father, shane mosley's father, well, my father...) you can simply mess up your relationships between each other, I think no medals are worth it.
        Last edited by NVSemin; 03-10-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

You don't learn Spanish from someone who doesn't know the meaning of the words, the grammer, the spelling or how to conjugate. Let alone speak it!!

Find a trainer who knows the basics and don't start out making mistakes. Ray

Comment

no dad can replace trainer unless dad is boxer or trainer

Originally posted by maris61 View Post
            get another boxer to train you if you cannot find trainer @ ur gym!for more questions freelance trainer :andrefabre@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X