Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa, you're always a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Don't be shocked if he fights Spence next. This is Manny Pacquiao remember.
      I doubt it. Not after this fight. Not, unless they don't want Pac to stay healthy, winning and making large paydays in the process, then they would stall and delay that fight for as long as they can.

At 40 and a half years old; Manny knows which battles to choose. He's no fool. A prime Keith Thurman would have easily knocked him out tonight with the amount of punishment he absorbed in this fight.

While looking very impressive for his age, I thought that Thurman shook and hurt Pac several times tonight as Manny looked very fatigued and ate a lot of punches in the second half of that fight.

Pac won the fight but got beat up in the process.

Comment

Thurman is not the same fighter he was when he beat Porter and Garcia, bad injuries have taken its toll but he is still a good fighter and he has had a successful career. Would have liked to have seen him stay fit in 2017-18 and had some great fights but it wasn't to be.

Not saying Thurman would have beat Pacman before the injuries but he would have done better i think, but no shame in tonight's loss.

Comment

Honestly I don't think Thurman is overrated or diminished. In fact I thought he narrowly won this fight. It's just that this was Pacquiao's best performance in quite some time, which took both Thurman and everybody else by surprise. I think the entire character of this fight would have been different without the KD in round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I doubt it. Not after this fight. Not, unless they don't want Pac to stay healthy, winning and making large paydays in the process, then they would stall and delay that fight for as long as they can.

At 40 and a half years old; Manny knows which battles to choose. He's no fool. A prime Keith Thurman would have easily knocked him out tonight with the amount of punishment he absorbed in this fight.

While looking very impressive for his age, I thought that Thurman shook and hurt Pac several times tonight as Manny looked very fatigued and ate a lot of punches in the second half of that fight.

Pac won the fight but got beat up in the process.
            I think they're just picking the names that will make the most money. Broner, Thurman and I read Khan in Saudi might be next but if Spence puts on a show the clamour for that bout grows.

I don't believe Pacquiao chooses his opponents based on fear or self-preservation, remember he tried to fight Marquez again after he flat-lined him.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Thurman is what he is. He had close fights with both guys. These guys are on the same level.
              Yeah, and he just had a very close fight with Manny, so Manny is on that same level too. ....and Yes, Pac is an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I think they're just picking the names that will make the most money. Broner, Thurman and I read Khan in Saudi might be next but if Spence puts on a show the clamour for that bout grows.

I don't believe Pacquiao chooses his opponents based on fear or self-preservation, remember he tried to fight Marquez again after he flat-lined him.
                Before this fight was announced I predicted an easy Pac victory over Thurman. I got the victory part correct but the easy part wrong. Thurman exceeded my expectations. It's a miracle he survived the first six rounds.

Thurman's will power and determination impressed the Hell out of me tonight. I thought he would get stopped or dominated but instead he made it a good, entertaining and close fight.

I agree they are cherrypicking Manny's opponents which they have every right do because at this stage of his career Pac has nothing left to prove. I believe a fight with Amir Khan seems very plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                  Honestly I don't think Thurman is overrated or diminished. In fact I thought he narrowly won this fight. It's just that this was Pacquiao's best performance in quite some time, which took both Thurman and everybody else by surprise. I think the entire character of this fight would have been different without the KD in round 1.
                  I agree with your premise. The commentators were overstating everything Pac was doing and ignoring Thurman's work. Manny was the loved legend , while Keith was the villian. I read other posters talking about how Thurman had a bloody nose, ...as if that should count for extra points for Manny....but nobody was talking about Manny's swollen face which was very obvious in the post fight interview....His eyes will be almost swollen shut in about 2 hours. Once again, people talking about facial damage and blood as a criteria for giving a guy extra credit...but they didn't give Thurman the credit for Pacs busted face. Seemed like everyone was riding with Manny to win this fight. I just didn't think it was a clear victory...but it was a very good performance considering what he was up against...In fact it was a great performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                    Keith did well, I could see maybe 5 rounds for him, but I couldn't argue he won. Even he didn't argue he won. For me he lost a close but clear kind of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post

Santa, you're always a beast.

Comment

Working...
                      X