No announcement yet.

Manny's next opponent: Andre Berto @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    If Cotto loses, it will be PBF or Mosley. Pacquiao has no time for a tune-up, he is getting ready for election next year. He needs a mega-fight at the end of this year, and his final fight would be before or after his election as congressman next year.

So I predict Pac really has no time nor need for tune-ups.
    Roach was talking about him fighting Edwin Valero or Victor Ortiz for a stay busy tune up fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
      A tune up for what??? Cintron does not resemble Mayweather AT ALL.

Berto is ideal, dangerous but and an ideal tune up for Mayweather and Manny can pick up that 7th weight division championship, making HISTORY.
      It was a Joke............

Fight Cintron to get knocked out.

For Berto:
      Manny is only looking for BIG FIGHTS at this point so Berto is out, but hey, anything is possible.
      Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-31-2009, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
        It was a Joke............

Fight Cintron to get knocked out.

For Berto:
        Manny is only looking for BIG FIGHTS at this point so Berto is out, but hey, anything is possible.
        I hear ya, but Roach was talking about a tuneup fight, not sure how serious he was. Berto might be too dangerous for a tuneup, but I think the rewards of a win over Berto are plentiful.

Comment

Roach was talking about him fighting Edwin Valero or Victor Ortiz for a stay busy tune up fight.
          At Pac`s age and being millionaire, would he even risk his head being busted for mere thousands?

Edwin Valero and Victor Ortiz are just pawns for negotiations, similar to Sotto. Cotto and Mosley, although real possible fights, are also pawns for negotiations against PBF. A tune-up fight for Pacquiao is never possible, he is getting ready to retire next year.

Comment

If he fights Berto and wins, haters will say he's just cherry picking again like what he did when he fought DD. An okay fighter with a belt. He wont get near the credit compared to fighting Mosley/Cotto IMO. He wants to retire soon so he'll pick his fights carefully.

Comment

Berto just dominated Juan Urango who is a small Welter, a southpaw and a big puncher. Yeah, Manny is much faster than Urango, but Berto is just as fast if not faster than Manny. HBO is saying that his team is looking for the big fight next. I think they're setting him up for and are going to try to secure a fight with Manny Pacquiao next.

It would be a great opportunity for Manny to add to his legacy by picking up another championship in another weight class against a now hyped up Welterweight Champion in Berto (thanks to Max).

I see the fight as a decent PPV with Manny getting what he wants during the negotiations and a good preparation fight for Floyd Mayweather. It's a dangerous fight for Manny, but look at the possible gains:

A decent PPV payday

A Championship in a 7th weight division

Great way to prepare and hype up a Super Fight with Floyd Mayweather
              You mean Pacquiao/Berto at 142 right???

Comment

berto would get his ass kicked. Berto has hella fast hands, but that's it. he doesn't throw combo's, he isn't consistent and he has a questionable chin.

Berto loses to cotto, clottey, mosley, margarito, pacquiao, mayweather. and possibly even marquez.

with that said berto beats everyone else. he's tight, but not elite. he's sloppy, inconsistent, is waaaay to open at times and like i said his chin is questionable. And I also question his ring IQ.

I like berto, and normally I think he's entertaining (tonight he was anything but), but against elite fighters he loses.

Comment

I would actually pick Pacquiao to win against Berto.

Comment

A tune up for what??? Cintron does not resemble Mayweather AT ALL.

Berto is ideal, dangerous but and an ideal tune up for Mayweather and Manny can pick up that 7th weight division championship, making HISTORY.
                    in the first place mayweather should pick berto for tune up not pacquiao, and pacquiao can fight marquez for tune up? small guy fight small guy, WW fights WW ok? its clear?

Comment

Originally posted by silip03 View Post
                      in the first place mayweather should pick berto for tune up not pacquiao, and pacquiao can fight marquez for tune up? small guy fight small guy, WW fights WW ok? its clear?
                      huh.............?

Comment

Working...
                      X