Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My detailed break down of the issues Pacquaio could have given Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pac does not have the reach to fight mayweather. it is as simple as that.

Comment

The best way to beat Floyd is with a great jab which Manny does not have. Floyds size advantage makes his shoulder roll defense more effective. Manny does have punching power but he doesnt have one punch knockout power. Not at 147 he doesnt. Floyds jab would throw off Mannys movement and timing. By the end of the fight Manny would slow down. And like all southpaws Manny cant fight going backwards. I always saw this fight as an easy victory for Floyd.

Comment

At this point Pacman has no shot and will be knock out with a over hand right or jab from Floyd.

But in his Prime Pacman was pretty much a ferocious explosive pressure fighter who could get in and get out of there fast.

I think Floyd knew this and Evander holyfield broke it down years ago that Floyd is a spot fighter. he rarely gets hit because he picks his one two punches wisely while anticipated punches

but when Floyd opened up and tried to throw combos his punch accuracy went down and he got hit more this was against Cotto.

This is why Pacman in his prime is much more impressive, do you know how hard it is to be extremely offensive and not get knocked down for that year span Pac was in his prime? Pacman was not pot shotting and than anticipating punches he was just taking heads out and throwing beatdowns with pure offense and chance taking.

Comment

False logic is that Manny was a pressure fighter when in actuality he was not. He was a volume puncher. Manny isn't a great inside fighter he was great at darting in and out with his combos. Look at how he beat Oscar and Margarito he wasn't there toe to toe applying pressure he did from the outside. That is what Floyd would want him to do as he jabbed him to death. But none of that matters cause neither seemed interested in doing in the ring they would rather win at the negoiating table.

Comment

I have always thought that Mayweather would have beaten Paquiao but the only little doubt I had was the version of Manny that beat Hatton and Cotto. That Manny was at his absolute peak and was so fast and threw so many punches from different angles that opponents didn't know what to do with him. I feel like as long as Floyd didn't get hurt he would have figured Manny out and would have probably won a decision but the version of Manny that beat Cotto against any version of Mayweather would have been fun.

The thing that bothers me the most is there are a couple of people I know who are Floyd fanboys were riding Pacquiao's jock when he was beating the Barrera's and the Morales's but when the Floyd fight was looming all of the sudden they started discrediting everything that Pacman did. I feel like there is a lot of people like that. If Pacquiao would have stayed at 130 then all of the Floyd fanboys would still be fans.

Comment

different level of fighters why are you people still talking about this?

Comment

Not This Again!

Comment

fraud jr will be lucky if he reaches the 6th round with pac. fraud jr can back pedal all he wants but sooner than later he'll get ktfo with pac non-stop attack.

Comment

Originally posted by RedSmurf View Post
                    Speed, power, and work rate.
                    why that didnt work against marquez? mayweather is marquez 50 times more.

Comment

The Manny that beat Oscar beats Floyd. There's no way Floyd beats that Manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X