• Show
Clear All

• Most Naturally Athletically Gifted

1 Ali
    2 Leonard
    3 Jones
    4 Mayweather
    5 Robinson

Who had the most natural talent of these five black 'uns? No other race is ever even considered in this category.

Black 'uns apparently have the high ratio of fast twitch fibers necessary for the kind of speed we associate with natural raw talent at its most generous.

Whatever white and brown and red fighters have that makes them successful boxers too, it is apparently not an overabundance of natural talent, at least according to present moors. One could almost be led to the bigoted conclusion that non-black 'uns work harder, and so compensate for their lack of talent to compete somewhat evenly against their black opponents.

The bulk of black 'uns, white 'uns, brown 'uns and red 'uns are not super talented athletes, but hard working athletes that raise their natural talents towards perfection. Only a few are known super talents over the eras. They are almost always, if not always, black.

Other than Willie Pep and the young Lomachenko, no other whites seem fast enough and skilled enough to possibly qualify on such a list. Perhaps you know of some.

Is chin a talent?
    Ali
    10.26%
    Leonard
    5.13%
    Jones
    66.67%
    Mayweather
    2.56%
    Robinson
    15.38%

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
    1 Ali
    2 Leonard
    3 Jones
    4 Mayweather
    5 Robinson

Who had the most natural talent of these five black 'uns? No other race is ever even considered in this category.

Black 'uns apparently have the high ratio of fast twitch fibers necessary for the kind of speed we associate with natural raw talent at its most generous.

Whatever white and brown and red fighters have that makes them successful boxers too, it is apparently not an overabundance of natural talent, at least according to present moors. One could almost be led to the bigoted conclusion that non-black 'uns work harder, and so compensate for their lack of talent to compete somewhat evenly against their black opponents.

The bulk of black 'uns, white 'uns, brown 'uns and red 'uns are not super talented athletes, but hard working athletes that raise their natural talents towards perfection. Only a few are known super talents over the eras. They are almost always, if not always, black.

Other than Willie Pep and the young Lomachenko, no other whites seem fast enough and skilled enough to possibly qualify on such a list. Perhaps you know of some.

Is chin a talent?

gonna start by saying that i'm not huge on the tone of this thread.

chin is a talent. it's something developed, not taught. you can show up in shape and ready, spar, and get experience dealing with tough situations, but amir khan will never be antonio margarito. it's really not an athletic talent, however.

the most athletically talented fighters i have ever seen are roy jones and muhammad ali. the big factor that leads me to believe that ali was the most talented athlete to ever box was his size. life doesn't have weight classes. to be that fast at 6'3" and naturally over 200 lbs is incredibly rare. ali boxed like a lightweight.

roy jones was a rare combination of speed and explosive strength and a unique talent himself. he didn't have the gauntlent of fighters to run through in his prime or after it, the way ali did, so we didn't really see him tested on a historic elite tier until he had slowed down markedly. ali's run in his prime in the 60's wasn't as tough as his run in the 70's, which made for arguably the greatest resume ever. but during that prime run he beat a lot of solid contenders and often didn't even get his hair mussed up. also had two wins over all timer sonny liston.

if you wern't talking about athletic talents, and just talents / gifts, i'd consider robinson the most talented fighter ever because of his chin. no other fighter had that combination of speed, power, and arguably the greatest chin ever in two weight classes. robinson had an iron jaw, legitimate one punch power in either hand from ww to MW, and while he was easier to hit than the other guys because of his aggression he was blindingly fast.
    Last edited by New England; 05-05-2017, 10:46 AM.

Comment

and floyd doesn't belong on the list with those guys. he has the best reflexes i've ever seen on any athlete, but in pro boxing you should be concerned with how much power an athlete has, and floyd was a modest puncher compared to jones, leonard, certainly robinson, and even ali. power is one of the genuine "Talents" in boxing. it's like speed. you really don't teach it. it's developed, not taught. you bring it with you to the gym when you start boxing, and it develops naturally when you mature and train.

Comment

ROY JONES AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE

He did things with his hands, feet, reflexes that no other fighter could duplicate....made swift, fast or quick guys look slow...Virgil Hill, James Toney, Reggie Johnson, and was simply superior to any fighter ive seen athletically

he was what Robinson was, in the 1940s......ahead of his time and no one like him

Comment

While I would still vote for Jones, I think Naseem Hamed could be on this list.

Comment

I vote Floyd just cuz guys are playing him out plus this is not a good question to ask being that we haven't seen footage of them playing any other sports, you cant just watch them box and say they were more athletic than the other. Floyd plays basketball with groups of people.....I think Roy has also (not sure).

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              and floyd doesn't belong on the list with those guys. he has the best reflexes i've ever seen on any athlete, but in pro boxing you should be concerned with how much power an athlete has, and floyd was a modest puncher compared to jones, leonard, certainly robinson, and even ali. power is one of the genuine "Talents" in boxing. it's like speed. you really don't teach it. it's developed, not taught. you bring it with you to the gym when you start boxing, and it develops naturally when you mature and train.
              So if you have power your an athlete?? lol

Comment

Roy Jones without a doubt. He had the reflexes of a cat in his prime.

We can also add Hector Camacho, Pacquiao, Meldrick Taylor, Mosley to the list.

Whites with fast reflexes and hands, or raw talent:

Calzaghe

Nicolino Locche

Benny Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                  So if you have power your an athlete?? lol
                  Of course, go watch the Anatomy of a: in the olympic channel an you can see why power is a primary asset in many sports.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    I vote Floyd just cuz guys are playing him out plus this is not a good question to ask being that we haven't seen footage of them playing any other sports, you cant just watch them box and say they were more athletic than the other. Floyd plays basketball with groups of people.....I think Roy has also (not sure).
                    Floyd plays basketball with groups of people...wtf
                    Floyd has never been a competitive basketball player, don't get me wrong, he's a great athlete but giving him the edge because "he plays basketball with groups of people" is an awful argument.

Comment

Working...
                    X