Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haymon or Showtime lying with their fighters fight night weight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched a video of Danny weighing in on the night of the Vargas fight. He had on his jacket,shoes,etc. If guys are doing on the norm, then honestly all of these fight night weights are irrelevant,because the numbers are still going to be inaccurate.

Comment

I say they should go back to same day weighs.

To the point of this thread, I think Charlo looked bigger than 160, I'll say that. I am 6' and 175; he looked my size easy
      Last edited by GGG Gloveking; 12-11-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I'm assuming someone associated with Showtime is doing the fight night weigh ins so if anyone is at fault for a false weight it'd be them. Or they are bsing on a fight night weigh in & just using the official morning of alphabet group weight in cuz it does seem odd that Charlo is saying he's having trouble making 154 yet only gained 4.5lbs between weighing in & fight night.

All that said I've always thought it was stupid any fighter lets HBO, Showtime or whoever get a fight night weight. I'm a fan of the least my opponent or future opponent knows the better & there is nothing requiring a fighter to give a fight night weight from my understanding.

Comment

The most likely explanation is that the "tonight" weights given for Charlo and Williams are accurate and are from the second weigh in on the morning of the fight.

They probably were heavier by the time they hit the ring in the evening. Charlo certainly was. But, so far as I know, there is no rule saying that boxers must be weighed immediately before entering the ring or that the weights must be made public if they do.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Something was up with the scale. They had Mares at 130 and Cuellar at 128.5!? That's Rigo size, this guy looks 2 division bigger
            wtf? is that what they wrote for Cuellar? That's utter bull****, Cuellar rehydrates like 20 pounds, Robert Garcia said as much and Freddie Roach said he would rehydrate a lot because he entered camp heavy.

I know CSAC has certain rules in place now where they try to limit extreme rehydration so they weigh the fighters at some point I believe to make sure they're not over 10 pounds of the limit, but fighters would obviously continue to hydrate after and up until the fight. Maybe those numbers are from the morning??? In any case, those numbers are certainly not true.
            Last edited by SCEN3RY; 12-11-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Its not the fight night weight.

Comment

they clearly lying but who cares, its not like its some conspiracy. They just ask them what your weight and they say 158 lol thats how its run on showtime, at hbo the hbo staff reweigh them (with their cloths on)

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                  wtf? is that what they wrote for Cuellar? That's utter bull****, Cuellar rehydrates like 20 pounds, Robert Garcia said as much and Freddie Roach said he would rehydrate a lot because he entered camp heavy.

I know CSAC has certain rules in place now where they try to limit extreme rehydration so they weigh the fighters at some point I believe to make sure they're not over 10 pounds of the limit, but fighters would obviously continue to hydrate after and up until the fight. Maybe those numbers are from the morning??? In any case, those numbers are certainly not true.
                  Even morning, a guy like Cuellar would max out his 10lb allowance. Mares is too low also

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Even morning, a guy like Cuellar would max out his 10lb allowance. Mares is too low also
                    oh without a doubt it would be strange weights for the morning of, let alone the night of the fight. The question is, why lie? It's clearly premeditated, but what's the end game?

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR KOVALEV!! View Post
                      they clearly lying but who cares, its not like its some conspiracy. They just ask them what your weight and they say 158 lol thats how its run on showtime, at hbo the hbo staff reweigh them (with their cloths on)
                      Then how come they never weigh cotton or canelo at hbo

Comment

Working...
                      X