Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wilder vs Fury prediction

General thoughts

-------------------------------------------------

Prior to Fury vs Klitschko I was one of about 3 people who actually rated Fury, I had a blog post on here in which I wrote about him which appears to have been lost.

Let me say I did not expect him to win vs Klitschko, but I did feel he would win several rounds before ultimately getting caught, and put up a good effort.

Since that fight however, I feel the opinion on him has done a total 180, and i'm not 100% sure it's warranted. I feel he had a style which was all wrong for Klitschko, and caught him off guard, and i'm still not sure who would have won the immediate rematch, as Klitschko surely would have let his hands go.

As for Wilder, it's no secret I don't rate him, I will give him credit that his right hand power is truly elite level, and he has impressive athleticism and good stamina. However his textbook boxing leaves a LOT to be desired. Defensively he is open, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, and he's in love with his own power.

---------------------------------------------------

Prediction

It's actually a straightforward pick for me, Wilder by KO and I think it comes in the first half of the fight.

Even a PRIME Fury would have his hands full with Wilder.

See the thing is Wilder is no stranger to being outboxed, and in this fight it's actually to his credit. He will not be at all surprised when Fury starts the fight by out-jabbing him, everyone does!

The problem is, Wilder is a risk taker, he throws that right hand from crazy angles and only needs to land it one time.

When i see footage of Fury sparring and training it's glaringly obvious to me that his footwork is nowhere near the same as it was pre lay-off.

Against Pianeta and in training, fury trudges around the ring for the most part, this means Wilder will likely have better distance control in this fight.

I see Wilder throwing caution to the wind after 3-4 rounds and just coming forward going for it, and I think Fury will be lucky to last 3 rounds at that point.

How i could be proven wrong

I give Fury zero chance of winning a 12 round UD using clean boxing, I don't think his timing, footwork or head movement will be good enough over the 12 round distance.

What Fury needs to do is pull an Ali-Frazier 2

Wilder is always very light but against a taller man for the first time with a significant weight advantage that COULD cost him if Fury uses it correctly.

Wilder is low output early on, so Fury needs to come in, land a jab or two then grab and lean all over Wilder until the ref breaks it up. If he does this correctly theres a chance Wilder gets worn down before he even gets started. Fury shouldn't even consider throwing more than single shots until late in the fight.

Fury has an inside game, and physically I don't see Wilder being set up to hang in a close up, messy inside brawl, stay in the eye of the storm, don't give wilder any space to throw a right hand from the floor, and frustrate him for a decision or possible late stoppage if Wilder gets tired from all the wrestling.

You damn right, Beyonce Wildher by KO. War Beyonce!

Comment

I give fury a good chance even with a bad camp and the fact hes lost 10 stone. If 49 year old ortiz nearly beat him than so can fury coming off 10 stone of weight loss

Comment

It's competituve. But I think it's wilder time to lose.

Comment

The Mac got this

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
            General thoughts

-------------------------------------------------

Prior to Fury vs Klitschko I was one of about 3 people who actually rated Fury, I had a blog post on here in which I wrote about him which appears to have been lost.

Let me say I did not expect him to win vs Klitschko, but I did feel he would win several rounds before ultimately getting caught, and put up a good effort.

Since that fight however, I feel the opinion on him has done a total 180, and i'm not 100% sure it's warranted. I feel he had a style which was all wrong for Klitschko, and caught him off guard, and i'm still not sure who would have won the immediate rematch, as Klitschko surely would have let his hands go.

As for Wilder, it's no secret I don't rate him, I will give him credit that his right hand power is truly elite level, and he has impressive athleticism and good stamina. However his textbook boxing leaves a LOT to be desired. Defensively he is open, he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes, and he's in love with his own power.

Prediction

It's actually a straightforward pick for me, Wilder by KO and I think it comes in the first half of the fight.

Even a PRIME Fury would have his hands full with Wilder.

See the thing is Wilder is no stranger to being outboxed, and in this fight it's actually to his credit. He will not be at all surprised when Fury starts the fight by out-jabbing him, everyone does!

The problem is, Wilder is a risk taker, he throws that right hand from crazy angles and only needs to land it one time.

When i see footage of Fury sparring and training it's glaringly obvious to me that his footwork is nowhere near the same as it was pre lay-off.

Against Pianeta and in training, fury trudges around the ring for the most part, this means Wilder will likely have better distance control in this fight.

I see Wilder throwing caution to the wind after 3-4 rounds and just coming forward going for it, and I think Fury will be lucky to last 3 rounds at that point.

How i could be proven wrong

I give Fury zero chance of winning a 12 round UD using clean boxing, I don't think his timing, footwork or head movement will be good enough over the 12 round distance.

What Fury needs to do is pull an Ali-Frazier 2

Wilder is always very light but against a taller man for the first time with a significant weight advantage that COULD cost him if Fury uses it correctly.

Wilder is low output early on, so Fury needs to come in, land a jab or two then grab and lean all over Wilder until the ref breaks it up. If he does this correctly theres a chance Wilder gets worn down before he even gets started. Fury shouldn't even consider throwing more than single shots until late in the fight.

Fury has an inside game, and physically I don't see Wilder being set up to hang in a close up, messy inside brawl, stay in the eye of the storm, don't give wilder any space to throw a right hand from the floor,
            and frustrate him for a decision or possible late stoppage if Wilder gets tired from all the wrestling.
            The ref might not let Fury fight like that. I'll be very surprised if we get fair officials in this fight.

Comment

would like to see Fury win but I just can't see him not getting clocked over 12 rounds I think he is up on the cards by a fair distance then Wilder ko's him stiff down the stretch

Comment

I know it is not a favoured option. But I am going for Wilder by decision
                The fight is in the US and I think after the first few rounds, he is going to have to go looking for fury. He will back him up (which is received better in the US than the UK) and he will be hitting though quite possibly with Fury riding and part parrying punches; so perhaps not effective enough for a KO but scoring never the less. Fury's flicks will also not score as highly in the US as perhaps elsewhere. But I may be talking bollocks.

Comment

If Tyson Fury wins then I know for sure that god is real and he let the miracle become reality

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    If Tyson Fury wins then I know for sure that god is real and he let the miracle become reality
                    Hold up man. It isnt gonna take no god dam miracle to beat Wilder haha. You make it sound like wilder is a good fighter. He is just a one trick pony with a punch.

I got Fury via decision or TKO with Wilder quitting on his stool.

Comment

Working...
                    X