No announcement yet.

Training to get back to health

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    Look brother, don’t kill yourself trying to get back to tip top shape.

Eat right, sleep good, and listen to your body.

Steady wins out over time.
    Sounds like the advice I got when I dated a 21 year old and I was 35

Comment

Originally posted by Moller View Post
      Hey guys!

I used to train alot, both weight and boxing. Last summer, i suffered an injury in my elbows, i thought, but due to help from a pro, it were something i was born with, and currently training to get it fixed, and its getting better.

I havent trained since june last year, i suffered bad anxiety and depression, but im through it, and is talking with a therapist! My battle with the mental health is getting better and better each day, got a new girlfriend ( best friend the last 6 years ) and just got accepted to my dream education! so now its time to get my body in shape also, i dont want to train for fights or muscle, but for health and keep in shape. And i want you guys advice on the situation.

My weight is 85 kg and 183 cm 22 years old, im not fat, but i want to get down in weight, and get more definition and lose the fat on the sides. 78-79 kg would be fine i think. Cleaned up my diet to some bread/yoghurt with fruit each morning, and for lunch a salat with some meat and carb source, or some sandwiches ( not white bread ) with meat and salad. Dinner is meat, rice/pasta/potatoes and veggies.

Training 3 times a week, running each time then i do alot of back/leg/core exercises in circuit 3-5 sets of 10 reps.
      Big good luck and continue with the work and good luck for your education as well . Listen to your body and rest as well. You will feel much better, and you are still young. With training you will do even better in school and focus more.

Currently going through trying to lose weight as well and get back in shape, went up to around 75 - 76 kilos (was 64 - 66 when training / fighting), 170 cm 30 yrs. After stopping boxing started a bit training with weights, but some after 1 year of stopping boxing a lot of injuries started to pop up, one of them was, couldn't even move my neck good.

Now I am seeing a chiropractor (almost done with the treatment), which he did miracles. Can't run much because of the adjustments of the bones, and the back starts to hurt after the first few minutes of running, but started jumping rope and shadow boxing again and some body weight training .

Main goal is to start to run again, lose weight and build muscle again and really want to maybe fight or train boxing again.

Keep us updated

Comment

Working...
      X