Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bathroom hand dryers suck up fecal matter and spray it on your hands!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    It's strange when you think about it. You go in and use the bathroom, wash your hands and then probably open a door, possibly touching a handle that many people have touched and probably never washed their hands
    Personally I NEVER touch the handle of a public restroom with a bare hand. Gas station nozzles are actually worse than anything in a bathroom. Always use a hand towel or vigorously use bacteria gel, especially at DLH's house.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Hand dryers are spreading something disgusting right onto you: fecal particles.

The paper, published in Applied and Environmental Microbiology, involved the study of three separate bathrooms in the University of Connecticut.

Scientists set off hand dryers in the bathrooms and placed a special plate just beneath them for 30 seconds.

After testing the plates, they showed between 18 and 30 colonies of bacteria on them.

How do fecal particles end up in a hand dryer?

Essentially, when you flush a toilet with its lid off, this sends fecal particles whizzing through the air.

Hand dryers tend to suck these up, warm them up, and spit them right out again.

“These results indicate that many kinds of bacteria, including potential pathogens and spores, can be deposited on hands exposed to bathroom hand dryers, and that spores could be dispersed throughout buildings and deposited on hands by hand dryers,” the study concluded.

To avoid that bacteria, the researchers suggested fitting hand dryers with HEPA filters, which could reduce bacterial deposition fourfold, or switching to paper towels — though that solution isn’t particularly environmentally friendly.

Until those filters are fitted, you might prefer to drip-dry.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bath...113456042.html
      It's strange when you think about it. You go in and use the bathroom, wash your hands and then probably open a door, possibly touching a handle that many people have touched and probably never washed their hands
      Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Personally I NEVER touch the handle of a public restroom with a bare hand. Gas station nozzles are actually worse than anything in a bathroom. Always use a hand towel or vigorously use bacteria gel, especially at DLH's house.
      now this thread makes me think of someone fondling their bag or fisting themselves up the @ss right before pumping gas into their car. another thing to avoid, in never eat the mints in a bowl in hotels / restaurants, i always imagine someone taking a piss or **** and and then not washing their hands and then fingering all the mints in the bowl

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
        now this thread makes me think of someone fondling their bag or fisting themselves up the @ss right before pumping gas into their car. another thing to avoid, in never eat the mints in a bowl in hotels / restaurants, i always imagine someone taking a piss or **** and and then not washing their hands and then fingering all the mints in the bowl
        Exactly. I never share food like popcorn that you eat with your hand.

Also disgusting is double dipping....dipping a chip into salsa twice.

Comment

This is why I prefer paper towels. After drying my hands I use the paper towel to open the door.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            This is why I prefer paper towels. After drying my hands I use the paper towel to open the door.
            Or toilet paper if there are no hand towels.

Comment

Exactly. I never share food like popcorn that you eat with your hand.

Also disgusting is double dipping....dipping a chip into salsa twice.
              double dipping is bad, but at least there's no chance of getting ecoli / giardia bacteria from it. we shouldn't be stupid about bacteria but if we take a fear like this too far we'd never shake anyone's hand again or be too scared to eat out the wife's sshole or coochy. i read somewhere there's even ecoli bacteria on our toothbrushes because we keep them in the bathroom and when the toilet flushes etc. at the least hand washing several times a day is a good idea

Comment

It would probably be more hygienic eating in De La Hoya's bathroom than his kitchen, by the sounds of it.

Comment

It would probably be more hygienic eating in De La Hoya's bathroom than his kitchen, by the sounds of it.
                  yeah, now i'm picturing a huge 10" long 3" thick dildo hiding under the sink

Comment

Well f#cking hell maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Alright f#ck it. Imma be sh^tting & pissing in my bathroom or I'mma be sh^tting & pissing in the fresh air of outside from now on.

F#ck this bs with Mr. Poopy Hand Dryer. There needs to be a class action lawsuit for that or something.

Comment

I don't even **** with em.

Comment

Working...
                      X