Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger hypejob Pacquiao, Golovkin, Broner, Mora or Lomachenko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    No what is bizarre is every time someone denies that a fighter is finished you equate that to them saying they were in their prime.

Who said he was in his prime?

Quote me saying he was in his prime
    Quote me saying he was finished. I said "borderline" as in he was right on the cusp of being finished and was clearly past his best by quite a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
      He lost to Jeff Horn in the immediate fight after Jesse Vargas. 8 months = not 2+ years.

Again, the era's are different and often fighters fight less and don't have as many interim fights so back to back fights isn't that measurable. Did I say "many instances of beating a p4p guy then a top 10 guy"? No. You either made that up or didn't comprehend what " There's many cases of once great fighters scoring a win when clearly past their best." actually means. In more plain English it means boxers have scored big wins when clearly over the hill.

To which I pointed out Hearns and Duran as two easy examples of the top of my head. Holmes beating Mercer is also a pretty good example. Carbajal over Arce, Foreman over Moorer, Leonard beating Hagler, Robinson beating Olson, Fullmer, Basilio when clearly past his best also examples though probably less past it than Pacquaio but bigger wins nonetheless.

Pacquaio had already thrashed Bradley who'd had a number of hard fights himself and there's no such thing as a "fact" when it comes to something as mythical as p4p. Who determines the fact of p4p?
      2+ years after he fought Floyd not Vargas.

So you don't have an example? Ok great.

Do you have an example of a finished fighter beating two top 5 and 10 ranked fighters in their division consecutively?

You are changing it to "passed prime" as opposed to finished. A lot of those fighters were not finished as fighters.

There is such thing as a fact I.e it's a fact that every single boxing website had Bradley Top 10 P4P I.e Universally ranked Top 10 P4P.

What does it matter he'd already beat him? If anything the fact he beat him wider and dropping him for the first time again proves he wasn't finished because if he was he'd have struggled or lost.
      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 04-12-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Broner. I still cant believe HBO gave broner his own greatest hits segment on HBO after he beat eloy perez ponce de leon and jason litzau LMAOO

Comment

Quote me saying he was finished. I said "borderline" as in he was right on the cusp of being finished and was clearly past his best by quite a long way.
          Nice answering my question with a question.

You said he was finished previously in the other thread when I pulled you up on it and now you are saying "boaderline finished" He was neither.

Now quote me where I said he was in his prime infact just quote anytime I even mention his prime.

Why do you do that? Why when someone says a guy wasn't shot do you change that into them saying they are in their prime? You know everyone can see the previous posts on here right?
          Last edited by IronDanHamza; 04-12-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Who the hell ever hyped up Mora?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Nice answering my question with a question.

You said he was finished previously in the other thread when I pulled you up on it and now you are saying "boaderline finished" He was neither.

Now quote me where I said he was in his prime infact just quote anytime I even mention his prime.

Why do you do that? Why when someone says a guy wasn't shot do you change that into them saying they are in their prime? You know everyone can see the previous posts on here right?
              He was finished as being a top level fighter or even close to what he once was. Smart matchmaking can sometimes fool people into believing he was still great. He had enough experience to handle guys like Bradley (who'd also moved slightly past his best too the Provo war took a lot from him) and Vargas who is fairly average. It's really difficult to see how Pacquaio wasn't very diminished. It's relevant that he routed Bradley in 2012 because he knew exactly how to fight him but Bradley won more rounds in fight II and III and by III he was even more faded and cashing out. Marquez was past his prime and not near his best weight in 2011 as opposed to say 2008 but he knew how to fight and beat Pacquaio based on previous meetings and knowledge.

Pacquaio didn't really do anything he'd not done previously after Marquez took him to school and then KO'd him. He also looked slower, less explosive and more cautious than prior and his explosiveness and aggression is what made him.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 04-12-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

He was finished as being a top level fighter or even close to what he once was. Smart matchmaking can sometimes fool people into believing he was still great. He had enough experience to handle guys like Bradley (who'd also moved slightly past his best too the Provo war took a lot from him) and Vargas who is fairly average. It's really difficult to see how Pacquaio wasn't very diminished.

Pacquaio didn't really do anything he'd not done previously after Marquez took him to school and then KO'd him. He also looked slower, less explosive and more cautious than prior and his explosiveness and aggression is what made him.
                How can a fighter be finished at the top level if he's clearly beating and dropping Top 5 and Top 10 fighters in his division consecutively AFTER their fight? Literally doesn't make sense.

A fighter can be passed it, diminshed, slower, etc and still not finished. Mayweather himself was all of those things aswell when they fought. Despite that they were both universally considered to be two of the best fighters in the world at the time so I don't think that's a finished fighter.

Comment

He was finished as being a top level fighter or even close to what he once was. Smart matchmaking can sometimes fool people into believing he was still great. He had enough experience to handle guys like Bradley (who'd also moved slightly past his best too the Provo war took a lot from him) and Vargas who is fairly average. It's really difficult to see how Pacquaio wasn't very diminished.

these floyd boys know good and well floyd chose the right time to fight the biggest threats he had...the time that they were least threatening is a recurring theme...

its a full-time job for these guys to pump more life into cotto, shane, and pac then what they really possessed....you hit the nail on the head here they just have to deal with it....hell sugar ray admits that he picked the right time to fight hagler, and he got a good amount of credit for outpointing him...i don't know why the floyd boys just can't accept these low risk wins for what they are worth
                  Last edited by djtmal; 04-12-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                    you had to roll cotto, manny, and shane down the isle in a wheelchair and hit them with smelling salts by the time floyd fought them, yet these are all-time great wins from a floyd boy's perspective...
                    A past prime pac beat floyd in reality. Thank god we're in the era were we can see the video in replay and in good quality we can really see who won the fight.

Comment

If pac is hype job then i don't know what to call on floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X