Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor Retains WBA Title, Decisions Jessica McCaskill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    I think Saunders can actually punch a bit if he sits down on his shots more which he rarely does, he's not a banger but if he could wear Lemieux down, maybe he could force a late stoppage. That said, i don't see him risking planting his feet for long enough to do that. He will box and move as much as possible and avoid any potential big shot from Lemieux.
    He does have pop but lemiux is the same guy who took one to give one vs curtis stevens, and its not in billys nature to look for stoppage. im positive billy has less than 1% chance to stop lemiuex

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
      Yea , he just does enough to win rounds

Are you gonna be watching it live?

I kno that auto profit can be had with saunders decision, lemiux to win , because no way saunders is stopping lemiux
      Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      I think Saunders can actually punch a bit if he sits down on his shots more which he rarely does, he's not a banger but if he could wear Lemieux down, maybe he could force a late stoppage. That said, i don't see him risking planting his feet for long enough to do that. He will box and move as much as possible and avoid any potential big shot from Lemieux.

I cant see Saunders knocking Lemieux out either. He is not sitting down on his punches often enough for that to happen.
      If he is on point, he is very good in slowing down the pace, because he cant be bothered to take the lead in a fight, he is just content to counter his opponent.
      And even though Lemieux is not that dangerous late in a fight, because he is always punching at full power,
      I dont think Saunders is going to risk being tired in the later rounds against Lemieux.

Lemieux is pretty durable, took heavy punches from GGG and was only knocked down by a very clean body punch. Rubios knockout had more to do with him punching himself out.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        lmao bellew just said benn needs a knockout, then he says he needs 2 knockdowns for a draw, then he says its a draw then he says its 10-7 because 'benn nearly knocked him out '

OH LOOK a disgusting robbery on an eddie hearn card? WOW surprising stuff!
        Everyone involved had the fight pretty much even, except the judges, and it was noted that the scores were wide.

Get over yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post

Lemieux is pretty durable, took heavy punches from GGG and was only knocked down by a very clean body punch. Rubios knockout had more to do with him punching himself out.
          That's another thing. I could see the later part of the fight being interesting. If Saunders boxes really well in the early part of the fight, which he can, Lemieux could expend a lot of energy chasing and missing. Then Saunders often fades late on. If it goes late, i could see some late drama with both guys tiring.

Also, i can somehow seeing Saunders making this fight look quite easy, verging on very boring. He has the ability to do that with a guy like Lemieux i think.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            he showed heart against an opponent who came to win.
            Yeah he showed heart after going to war, getting dropped twice, hurt multiple times, busted up and very arguably losing to a guy that is 5-4-3. Just to make that clear he has lost or drawn more fights than he has won.

Think his potential is nearing a dead end.

Comment

Katie has a good chin.

Comment

Working...
              X