No announcement yet.

Who do you rank higher P4P? Pacquiao or Holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    well he was koed twice, once when he was a teenager and the other by Marquez. If you are digging we can say a fat middleweight named James Toney stopped Holyfield.

On a further note, I seriously thought Holmes beat Holyfield, and Holmes was really on the slide - nowhere near his prime. I agree Holyfield fought everyone but he didn't BEAT everyone and that's what matters. The unfortunate thing for Holyfield is I feel his career was mismanaged. They threw him in with Bowe and he went to war with a much larger and stronger man. They threw him in with George and he took some heavy leather in that fight as well. By the time he fought Lewis and Tyson he was blown up and somewhat battered. He Beat Tyson because Tyson was on the decline as well - and was somewhat overrated himself and still is to this day.

Pacquiao has beat, and even dominated great fighters. Having guys like Barrera, Morales, Marquez on your resume with W's in each category pretty much solidifies greatness. These men weren't completely shot either, Barrera in fact was in his absolute prime as well as Marquez.

Then he jumped weight classes and wiped out the WW division with relative ease. Topping off his career he got in with Floyd Mayweather a little too late in his career but truth be told it was a close fight and the odds were against him at that point in his career anyways. I could explain more but Pacquiao is seriously the best fighter over the past 20 years if you want to go by accomplishments and resume. Even now he has become a relatively flat footed fighter because of his age, and he is still able to beat and even dominate top young fighters.
    It comes down to preferance I guess. I don't really care for either of them because they are steroid cheats. I always felt that Holyfield was a far more complete fighter than Pacquiao who lacked fundamentals and couldn't cut off the ring.

Comment

Pac gets.itfo better than anyone. So PAC!

Comment

Pacquiao, for sure.

Comment

I voted Holyfield, ATG is 2 divisions, undisputed champ twice over, conqueror of possibly the greatest cruiser division ever, of Tyson and of many other fighters when he was supposed to be an underdog.

Pacquiao is almost as great and no argument if Holy is placed above but for me The Real Deal takes it.

Comment

Both have solid resumes, Holyfield is regarded as both one of the best cruisers and heavies ever but Manny's career is likely even more impressive with all the spanning of multiple divisions. They are perhaps equally great on different terms, if anything. I really like how Manny beat Bradley in his final fight and capping his career in legendary fashion.

Comment

Have to go with Pacman on this even though I'm a big fan of Holyfield.

Comment

Very very close but I gotta give it to Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                X