Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Tyson get so much credit for beating Spinks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can't really use the size excuse because tyson himself was like 5'10" in his absolute prime

Comment

does Mike Tyson have a good resume?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Tyson destroyed everyone from 85-89...

Spinks was just his most high profile fight, but no one thinks that's what made mike,, spinks was just another victim of the tornado that was iron mike
        Good points

Spinks was 33-0
        Light heavyweight and Heavyweight Champion
        He won a Gold Medal
        Beat Holmes twice (48-0 going to match Rocky's record)
        Beat Cooney (George Foreman said Cooney could punch and Holmes said Cooney was legit and not a bum as people thought)

It was also the last fight Tyson had with Rooney (35-0 together), Rooney was able to get Mike ready to fight, people got to see Mike at his best, for the last time. The jokers that he hired, Team Tyson, destroyed him as a great fighter, Spinks fight was Mike's peak, a 91 second heavyweight championship fight against a legit opponent.
        Let me know when Wilder or any current HW champ does that.

Comment

It was about how Tyson did it, not that he did it.

Comment

Oh you know, it's probably because Spinks was the lineal heavyweight champion of the world, undefeated, had KOd 2 of his 4 heavyweight opponents and the other 2 were Larry ATG Holmes...so...it's kinda self explanatory.

Comment

It would have been similar to lennox lewis beating roy jones after the ruiz fight.

Comment

Tyson was 5 foot something and weighed in at 218 lbs

He was himself small by cruiserweight standards, disadvantaged by heavyweight standards (back then) and a dwarf by modern heavyweight standards

Spinks was about the same weight but 6'2"

The fight lasted 90 seconds

Where does size play a role in that fight?

spinks was just nothing special to be honest, kind of goofy non-intimidating fighter, but trying to discredit mike because of size is ******ed

tyson was a cruiserweight with the height/range of a middlweight, fighting at heavyweight
                Last edited by ////; 03-04-2016, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Tyson's my boy and all... but let's face it, Spinks was no match for him in any way, shape or form. I think he may have shit his pants after the first real shot landed.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    Tyson's my boy and all... but let's face it, Spinks was no match for him in any way, shape or form. I think he may have shit his pants after the first real shot landed.

Spinks was scared because his guy, Butch Lewis went into the dressing room of Tyson, Tyson already had a glove on, Lewis demanded to have Mike rewrap because he didn't watch, Mike refused, but was made to rewrap, Mike was so angry he punched threw a wall and almost KO'd Spinks in his dressing room.

Lewis admitted this on a ESPN Tyson special once, he said he was trying to get into Mike's head, he almost got his fighter killed. Good decision on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                      Spinks was scared because his guy, Butch Lewis went into the dressing room of Tyson, Tyson already had a glove on, Lewis demanded to have Mike rewrap because he didn't watch, Mike refused, but was made to rewrap, Mike was so angry he punched threw a wall and almost KO'd Spinks in his dressing room.

Lewis admitted this on a ESPN Tyson special once, he said he was trying to get into Mike's head, he almost got his fighter killed. Good decision on his part.
                      Damn, Mike was crazy! He says it often, "Man, I was crazy in those days.." Here's the story on what you said and more on Iron Mike.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...hook-the-world
                      Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 03-04-2016, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X