No announcement yet.

Fights That Will Never Be Forgotten!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights That Will Never Be Forgotten!!

We can add DeGale vs Truax II to that. That was some freaking beautiful boxing we saw that night!

Comment

Pacquiao vs Morales III really??? That fight was just a dumb cash grab.

Comment

For me it will always be Sturm vs Cherifi just so memorable.

Comment

That counter right by Hopkins to KO Trinidad was one of the best punches you'll see.

Comment

Oneil Bell Vs Jean Marc Mormeck 1

Comment

Israel Vazquez v Rafael Marquez I
              Didn’t have quite the drama of Chico - Castillo, but man was that some beautiful violence

Comment

Duran & me (the 1st fight)
                Hearns & me (the 1st fight)

Comment

Wlad / Fury
                  Maidana / Broner
                  Corrales / Castillo
                  Bute / Froch
                  Rungvisai / Roman I and II
                  JMM / PEDquiao I - IV
                  Tyson / Holyfield I
                  Hearns / Hagler
                  RJJ / Toney
                  Toney / McCallum
                  ODLH / Sweet Pea
                  Mayweather / Maidana
                  Mayweather / Hatton

Comment

somtimes its where yu were and the history that make a fight unforgettable.

I am in graduate school in San Francisco, have a lot of work to do, but toying with grabbing a beer. At this time, one could go to a sports bar and watch the fights...usually with no cover. The Rockin Robin sports bar, which is long gone, was open on Haight Street, at the last minute decide what the heck. Get there and feel stupid about it but I am here and this fight won't last long....will IT?!

Very few people are in the bar, Tyson has just left all his opponents out in a heap, why should this night be any different? First round and decide I will leave, but have some beer left and...its the third round and people are in the place now...its weird Douglas is not hanging in there so much as looking effective. humm? Its the fourth round and the place is packed, people are focused on this fight...all the other events are off and heading into the fifth round there is an electric feeling in the place.

people are cheering for Douglas and cannot believe it when Douglas catches an uppercut. but incredibly he beats the count! Mike's eye is swollen and Douglas is not slowing down!!! The rest is like slow motion. Every punch that lands people erupt, mike is getting hit! but not with the kitchen sink because it is nailed down... The people next to me ask me to bare witness that they will never talk about Douglas' mama after watching what he is doing to mike Tyson!

Round ten and the rest is history! I realize i came sooo close to blowing this fight off and thank the boxing gods above that they called me to the Robin that night, which i shall never forget as long as I live. The only other comparable upset i have seen is when the united States hockey team beat the Russians in the Olympics.

Comment

Working...
                    X